Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
I am skeptical about separating the gasses to make things easier on the ECU front, I don't think the extra O2 that is being seen is a result of the O we supply along with the H, more the product of more complete combustion lowering the nasties in the exhaust which gets it's place taken by atmosphere.

I did experiment a short while ago with using magnets themselves as the electrodes. Needless to say, the magnets probably wouldn't last in a permanent implementation, however, the interesting point is that if you oriented the poles a certain way ( I can't remember which without digging out my post ) the H and O bubbles were repelled away from each other and away from the electrodes.
you are correct ... it is not the H2 or the O2 that is having the impact ... it is the lower temperatures in the catalytic converter that is causing the issue most of the time ... that and the change in combustion temperatures ...

as you start inject higher volumes of HHO, the radical ignition advance required for gasoline starts to work against you also ... so many things going on ... most are programming issues ... the fellows doing natural gas and propane automotive conversions already have a great deal of experience with these issues ... we need to look to work they have done to get some of the answers ... the truth is out there ... we just have to know how to find it ...