Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Separate H & O? Will it make difference?

SmartScarecrow Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    I am skeptical about separating the gasses to make things easier on the ECU front, I don't think the extra O2 that is being seen is a result of the O we supply along with the H, more the product of more complete combustion lowering the nasties in the exhaust which gets it's place taken by atmosphere.

I did experiment a short while ago with using magnets themselves as the electrodes. Needless to say, the magnets probably wouldn't last in a permanent implementation, however, the interesting point is that if you oriented the poles a certain way ( I can't remember which without digging out my post ) the H and O bubbles were repelled away from each other and away from the electrodes.
    you are correct ... it is not the H2 or the O2 that is having the impact ... it is the lower temperatures in the catalytic converter that is causing the issue most of the time ... that and the change in combustion temperatures ...

as you start inject higher volumes of HHO, the radical ignition advance required for gasoline starts to work against you also ... so many things going on ... most are programming issues ... the fellows doing natural gas and propane automotive conversions already have a great deal of experience with these issues ... we need to look to work they have done to get some of the answers ... the truth is out there ... we just have to know how to find it ...

michog66 Guest
    would there be a draw back to having that much oxygen?

Quote Originally Posted by michog66 View Post
    would there be a draw back to having that much oxygen?
    Rich = Too much gasoline in the mixture = gasoline thru the exhaust pipe$$...
    Lean = Too much oxygen in the mixture = higher temperatures = melted engine

There are Air/Fuel controllers (computerized, programmable, fuzzy logic those things) produced by Apexi, Blitz, HKS, and others - that allow you to control the air/fuel ratio and keep the ideal mixture.

The problem is that those equipments trust information (collected by the MAF sensors, O2 sensors - Lambda, exhaust temp sensors, gasoline pressure and flow, vaccuum and pressure lines - resume: ECU data), and even if you insert the recently produced O2 into the air filter (before the mass air flow sensor) it stills lack of the H2 info, and will inject more gasoline too.

Monitor exhaust temperatures when adding O2 alone. In the other hand HHO lowers the exhaust temp, which is good...

It works

I have done this for three years with great success.

Quote Originally Posted by tpettit View Post
    I have done this for three years with great success.
    You have done what? details please.
    When you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius.
    When you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot."

hydrogen/oxygen seperation

Quote Originally Posted by tbhavsar View Post
    I am thinking about separating Hydrogen and Oxygen using an ‘H’ shape PVC Pipe housing (please click on attached drawing); the idea is to pass Oxygen only to the Air/Filter Intake and Hydrogen to Engine. I would like to ask experts, will this make any positive improvements compare to passing both together (HHO gas).
    Contact area must be sufficient for electrolyte to properly conduct power through it. About 80% is a good number.

The Australians have a cell that does it.

See hho-research.com.au for details.

I'm planning on building an hho gen while separating the H & O. I just drew up a rough diagram. The picture is from the top of the generator, with H on the left and O on the right. On the lid I plan to have a separate outlet for the H and one for the O. Letting the O disperse in the air and the H going into the air intake. I've attached a picture of what I plan to build. I have hard plastic separating the Neg and Pos. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with a similar system?

At the bottom of the jar that I plan to put this in I plan to have about a 1 in to 1/2 in of space at the bottom for the water to flood into the chambers. Does this seem feasible. should I drill small holes in the plastic pieces separating the metal pieces.

If I understand your drawing you have 5 plates 3 - and 2 + all in separate compartments but sharing the same electrolyte from the bottom. How are you going to keep the gas separate at the top if that is your goal? You have a parallel connection here so if you are using 12 volts each cell with receive 12 volts and will boil the water/electrolyte in nothing flat. Your idea needs a lot more thought and research.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .