Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Warning, Warning... Please read...

Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    Not a trace of it since I started using my original cleansing bubbler. The pitting was my inspiration to design it.
    indeed original design. i'm about to try it. thanks.

Mark'sGas Guest
    I've been reading the last 15 pages of post about the HHO pitting probs. I think that most every one that has posted on this thread are piping HHO into their intake air induction tube/air flow tube. If so, that would mean the HHO would have to flow through the throttle body and then into the intake. The speed the HHO entering the engine will vary, because of throttle position. I know this sounds stupid but bare with me for a moment. I'm talking about air velocity. Now having said that, if you place a small 1/4" or 3/8" dia. tube into a 4" dia. tube, the smaller tube will loss a lot of it's pressure and have to rely on the air flow coming through the air flow tube to reach the engine. At idol HHO well not be moving as fast as it would under acceleration, therefore allowing the HHO to collect to the throttle body and cause pitting. It maybe possible to correct this problem by simply moving the HHO tube to a direct vaccum port located in the intake plentum. The reason why, is that the HHO will mix better with the air in the intake plentum and every intake plentum (no matter the make or model) vaccum port has a steel tube pressed in to receive the vaccum hose. HHO being delivered this way may come in contact with aluminum but only for a brief moment, if any at all.

Just the Newbie hinking out loud!

Delivery method is certainly worth thinking about.

I deliver my HHO to the bottom of my throttle body, right where the idle bypass hole is. I should also note that I found the biggest streak of white residue in a line from my delivery tube right through this part of the intake.

I still feel that the safe way is to just ensure that the catalyst doesn't make it that far with the water vapor. With my cleansing bubbler you can't even see the white mist coming from the HHO hose.

Another point we do need to bare in mind is that removing the water vapor will reduce the effects of our generators as the water vapor assists the power stroke process. This is why I'm also working on a water injection system.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman View Post
    This is some interesting material http://www.processsys.com/test_results.html or

[URLhttp://desiccant material[/URL]

http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montmorillonite
    The Membrane RZ looks promising. Have you tried it yet?

It would be good to see some testing results

does a water vapor catcher prevent this?

This may be a silly solution to the Al corrosion problem in your engine.... But has anyone considered running your HHO output(after the bubbler) through a double filter with aluminum powder between filters? This way, any reactive electrolyte should react with the aluminum powder in the filter, thus rendering the HHO gas output inert? Granted, you might want to change the "filter out every so often so that you are consistently ensured a good, reactive supply of aluminum powder.

This can also be used to detect any electrolyte output from your bubbler. If the powder begins to look like it has reacted, then your bubbler isn't scrubbing the gas properly.

Damn phill ! something I finally agree with you I was thinking the same thing but you beat me to it

LOL I have an ok idea now and then.

I've looked at getting powdered aluminum, and it's pretty cheap stuff. You can order it from a huge number of places for about $15 per pound. Sure beats spending $$$ on replacing engine parts...

I also saw some videos on "How to make your own Al powder/granules". If you have an old blender that you don't plan on using anymore, through some alunimum foil in it and make a smoothie out of it. However, it might be a good idea to get it very fine, but not micron size. Maybe the size of sand particles so that there is no chance of it getting into your intake manifolds.

I saw those video's too, a small ball mill is affordable also. Also when aluminium decomposes to aluminium oxide a hell of a lot of h2 is released. I work as a powerlineman so I have an endless supply of scrap aluminium

oicu812, what decomposition reaction are you talking about? The reaction with Al and KOH? Normal Al oxidation with just O2 doesn't give off any, and the reaction with KOH produces very little in this application(although Al reacts vigorously in a large amount of KOH solution).