Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Warning, Warning... Please read...

richardb200373 Guest

paper filters?

This company uses some sort of paper filter, not sure exactly what kind of filter it is, anyone know where to find these? Also they only use vinegar and distilled.
    http://www.hydro4000.com/hydro5000.htm

1973dodger Guest
    Just had an idea. What about gortex, isn't it supposed to be a breathable fabric, yet keeps the moisture out? In this case, it keeps the moisture in. Perhaps a membrane of gortex just before the gas exits the electroliser and for added protection, a layer of gortex before the gas exits the bubbler.

1973dodger

countryboy18 Guest
    there is a product call damp rid. it absorbers water and collects it it works great have to try testing when my cell is done unless anyone has it laying around there house? http://www.damprid.dsiwebbuilder.com...asp?cat=176180 hopes this helps!

precaster1@msn.com Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy18 View Post
    there is a product call damp rid. it absorbers water and collects it it works great have to try testing when my cell is done unless anyone has it laying around there house? http://www.damprid.dsiwebbuilder.com...asp?cat=176180 hopes this helps!
    Lye is one the best water absorbers there is, leave it out it gets wet real soon.

countryboy18 Guest
    so your saying just fill a tube with lye and pass the gas through it and whats it. wow then you are making a second batch a electrolyte in the tube.

HYDROTEKPRO Guest
    I'm getting ready to try a cylinder packed with fiberglass insulation, maybe a little steel wool top and bottom to keep the fiberglass contained! Somebody once told me that most cigarette filters are made of fiberglass!

This is such a simple shit little problem, we'll probably have it solved in a week or less. Nobody wants KOH or NaOH in their aluminum (or any) intake track. Yet we all prefer the superior electrolytic properties of KOH and NaOH.

A verticle cylinder of silicone sand barriered top and bottom with Goretex fabric (isn't that Teflon based?) would probably work just fine too! Beach sand would be good in a pinch, but it's far from pure.

Bench testing is a callin'!

EltonBrandd Guest
    Does anybody have a spare in line water filter laying around? I was looking at my taste filter for my RO system and thought it would be worth a shot. The only problem is that its in use. Here is a link to what I'm talking about. http://www.filtersfast.com/Pentek-GS...ine-Filter.asp

Quote Originally Posted by HYDROTEKPRO View Post

This is such a simple shit little problem, we'll probably have it solved in a week or less. Nobody wants KOH or NaOH in their aluminum (or any) intake track. Yet we all prefer the superior electrolytic properties of KOH and NaOH.
    i was told, and read that KOH does not get used up when making HHO, and all u have to do is add distilled water.

i know that NoOH gets used up, so u need to add a little here and there.

so if KOH doesnt leave the container, how can it hurt aluminum???????
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

what about using a piece of absorbent material out of a babies nappie "diaper" think thats the spelling. and flowing the hho through it ??

Quote Originally Posted by mytoyotasucks View Post
    i was told, and read that KOH does not get used up when making HHO, and all u have to do is add distilled water.

i know that NoOH gets used up, so u need to add a little here and there.

so if KOH doesnt leave the container, how can it hurt aluminum???????

If it was straight evaporation you are right the electrolyte should stay in the water. I think for the most part the majority of the electrolyte stays in the water. I guess for some reason (maybe temp, pressure or splashing) trace minerals get carried off with the gases.

I no of one guy who had his spark plugs electrodes burn completely off. I think that was due to electrolyte in the HHO gases. Personally I thought it was do to his bubbler being very splashy. This is why I put plastic gutter guard material in my bubbler to eliminate the bubble splashing. I think it does the job, but honestly I can’t be sure without testing it some how.