Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 O2 sensors on a O2 enhancer??

4 O2 sensors on a O2 enhancer??

I have 4 O2 sensors 2 before the Cats and 2 after.

How do I use the O2 enhancers with 4 O2 sensors?

This is the enhancer im looking at.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=110290283824

If thier is a better one let me know thank you

richardb200373 Guest
    From what I have been told and read on many web sites, you only need to worry about the two before the cat. My jeep is the same way.

So do you need 2 EFIE for the 2 O2 sensors before the Cats?

Jaxom Guest
    Correct, unless you can find a 2-channel EFIE (don't even know if they're available.) The downstream O2's are there strictly for catalytic convertor self-diagnostics.

hygear Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxom View Post
    Correct, unless you can find a 2-channel EFIE (don't even know if they're available.) The downstream O2's are there strictly for catalytic convertor self-diagnostics.

Fuel-saver.org has a good dual channel efie and Mike stands behind his product with all the help and support you need,without having to wait days or longer for answers.His units go for about $115.00 + shipping.Just make sure to test your sensor voltage to see if you have wideband sensors before you buy and especially install it.Once you've installed it you can't return it.

Hope this helps you out

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Jacques View Post
    So do you need 2 EFIE for the 2 O2 sensors before the Cats?
    No!
    You need only one.
    And, the unit you are looking at, cost about twice, what it should cost, unless you specificly are dealing with wideband!

Quote Originally Posted by DaneDHorstead View Post
    No!
    You need only one.
    And, the unit you are looking at, cost about twice, what it should cost, unless you specificly are dealing with wideband!

This one says it can deal with 2 O2 sensors along with the MAP at the same time. which one would you get if you dont have wideband O2 sensors?

I did already purchace the one above. So how do i tell whether i have wide band or narrow ? and will this one work on ether type? my O2 sensors have 4 wires.

hygear Guest
    This one says it can deal with 2 O2 sensors along with the MAP at the same time. which one would you get if you dont have wideband O2 sensors?

I did already purchace the one above. So how do i tell whether i have wide band or narrow ? and will this one work on ether type? my O2 sensors have 4 wires.

Roland, Check out my thread on wideband efie this should clear things up regarding your questions on efie's and narrow and wide band sensors.

Roland, What kind of vehicle and engine? We'll see if we can figure out which sensors you have.

2001 GMC Savanana van 3500 5.7 litter.

Ill look at that thread closer.