Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Chasing The White Rabbit Down The Hhole

HiTechRedNeck73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland Jacques View Post
    Yes i understand that H2 is 14 Xs or so lighter than air. So i thnk i see your point.

The way i was thinking is the wieght of the ball, is reacting to gavity not the gases. The ball wieghts the same whether it in a container of H2 or O2. I was wrong.

Turns out there is a correction factor to use when measuring HHO.

It is __________ x 1.5542 = so if the HHO reads 2 LPM it is actually (2 x 1.5542= ) 3.1084
    I have (2) questions...

1. where did you find that conversion? I've been looking for that for some time...

2. is that conversion for HHO or just hydrogen? Is there one for hydrogen by itself? I plan to seperate the gases to reduce o2 in the engine...

thanks
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by HiTechRedNeck73 View Post
    I have (2) questions...

1. where did you find that conversion? I've been looking for that for some time...

2. is that conversion for HHO or just hydrogen? Is there one for hydrogen by itself? I plan to seperate the gases to reduce o2 in the engine...

thanks
    Dave
    When It dawned on me that the gases had different dencitys I called and spoke with a tech at dwyer Instruments. Apparently lots of other folks have been asking them about measuing HHO also, they all ready had i worked out.

PS. they have good meters and fair prices http://www.dwyer-inst.com/Products/P...fm?Group_ID=42

Im not to sure about the O2 in HHO causing sensor issues... but thats another topic

HiTechRedNeck73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland Jacques View Post
    When It dawned on me that the gases had different dencitys I called and spoke with a tech at dwyer Instruments. Apparently lots of other folks have been asking them about measuing HHO also, they all ready had i worked out.

PS. they have good meters and fair prices http://www.dwyer-inst.com/Products/P...fm?Group_ID=42

Im not to sure about the O2 in HHO causing sensor issues... but thats another topic
    thanks a bunch... I found formulas on their website that can correct for any gas... here is a link... the formulas are at the bottom of the page....

http://www.dwyer-inst.com/Products/FlowmeterCurves.cfm

solo33 Guest
    General question. I've been seeing postings about "dry cells." Has anyone here played around with one? Looks to me like some advantages and some disadvantages. I wonder if some metallic road debrie chucked into the open cell by a tire or other, could short it out converting into a hydrogen bomb ?
    Comments would be welcomed. I have my H-gen built into into a glass
    jar, haven't uinstalled yet. I'm still waiting for more info on the "restriction
    method. Thanks, Ron.

Bill Bailey Guest

Talking Hydrogen Bomb or Fizzer ????

Hi Solo 33
    I have asked myself the same Question many times in the last couple of
    months , Because the cells that I make are all multi tube S/S designs
    which all require the outer tube to be the ANODE and therefore Positive.

I originally thought that a spark on the outer surface would be replicated inside the cell , with a poor outcome for all concerned. But no,
    I was mistaken. In some experiments I have made, it would appear that
    what ever happens outside the cell wont travel into the cell, and vice versa.

Pleas don't ask me to explain why this is so, as I am just glad that this is the case.

I hope this helps . Why dont you catch Stu Libermans thread on the
    Ameba cell he is runing in this forum.
    It looks like a winner.

solo33 Guest
    Well I think the only defence is to put an ammeter in series with your generator and measure the maxium current under full load when your generator is the hottest it gets (also maximim current) and fuse the generator just over (maybe 5 amps more) than that current. That's better than no protection. Again though, the *Dry Cell*, not really dry, it has liquid inside, and has both positive and negative plates exposed You could forseeably drop your favorite cresent wrench and short it out , unless there is a cover for it I haven't seen. I was just curious how well they worked in comparison to the standard cell, most of us use. Thanks.

solo33 Guest

Your Car

Hey Bill Bailey, I'm curious, Is the car you taped up, have a carb, throttle body, or full FI? Also, have you been fooling around with the system on any other vehicle since?

Bill Bailey Guest

Smile Solo

Quote Originally Posted by solo33 View Post
    Hey Bill Bailey, I'm curious, Is the car you taped up, have a carb, throttle body, or full FI? Also, have you been fooling around with the system on any other vehicle since?
    This car is full FI . My only other car is a 1983 truck with a carby, so
    it is useless for this test .

The appealing mileage ( 4.5 kl per 1 Lt ) is the reason I started to play with
    hydrogen in the first place.
    It is a British Bedford converted ambulance which weighs 3.5 ton, handles like a Hippo on a mud bank and has the wind resistance of a small house.

But we love it and say it gives us smiles per gallon , not miles per gallon.

It's hho cell is a 4" PVC inverted T with a set of 3 multi 6" s/s tubes that
    I market as a Quantum Genie. I am not pushing it hard , only 2 flat tea spoons of caustic Per Lt. At that level it draws 20 amps at 13.8 volts
    and produces the obligatory 1 Lt per min.

You will see I am running a vaporizer ( bubbler). / cigarette filter flash arrester/ Temp. gauge / AMP gauge / .7 check valve .

Both the cell and the bubbler have SCREW TOPS, no pop offs necessary
    as NOTHING will get past the arrester.

IMPROVMENT IN MILAGE ???????? I will be taking it out for a 2 week run
    1,000 miles or so and hope to have some interesting figures when I get back.

Bill Bailey Guest

Smile Is any body out there.?????

This thread has gone awfully quite in the last few days hasn't it ?

I think one of 4 things is happening.

*1 Some people are trying the restriction idea and found it worked for them, so they have moved on to the next thing to try.
    If this is you can I please ask you to shear your results, small or large.

*2 Some people have tried the restriction and found that they have lost
    significant power, so they have thought , this is STUPID and instead of making a smaller restriction ( say 80% down to 50% ) they have just shrugged and moved on. If this is you can I ask you to PLEASE just try one more time but this time don't make the restriction so big. Start at 50% or 40% and try again. All cars will respond differently to different amounts of restriction in the air inlet.

*3 This group is waiting for results from the first 2 groups before they
    make up there mind weather to try or not. Can I ask this group to please
    have a go them self and be part of the answer to this thread.
    It is not a big job and will only take a few minutes of your time.
    But it may save you HEAPS.

*4 This brings us to the last group . Now this group JUST KNOWS that
    this cant work , if it was this simple THEY would have thought of it themselves.
    WELL ???? They would wouldn't they ?????
    I would ask Thea's guise to please be patient a little longer . There will still be plenty of time to get the BOOT IN if the results are all as bad as you predict. For this surely cant work , Can it.??????? I wonder.

Anyhow I would like to thank all of you for your interest so far and wish
    you success in all of your different Projects in the future.

Lyall Bailey.