Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Totota Yaris

Tourqy Pig Guest

2007 Totota Yaris

Hello and good day, I had to try the HHO out and see if I get any results, attached are pics of my quick homemade device. I do not know the volume or MPG increase yet. If there is an oncrease I wanted to build a better cell. I was thinking dry cell..

Pictures make it look like a tight fit. What are you using for catalyst? I really like the way you hooked the HHO hose.

Tourqy Pig Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrotinkerer View Post
    Pictures make it look like a tight fit. What are you using for catalyst? I really like the way you hooked the HHO hose.
    I just use baking soda. I dont know what the best catalyst is; and I have heard of a few different combos, I didnt want too waste money.

I use Naoh because its not used up in the reaction and it was cheap.

redneckgearhead34 Guest
    that is an awesome setup. Be sure to let us know how much it helps your mpg. I would also like to see how such a new ECU responds to one of these.

Nice car. Have you considered these things?

• Baking Soda eats the plates readily
    • PVC begins to soften at 140*F
    • PVC fumes can harm catalytic converters and 02 sensors
    • Baking soda turns into NaOH which munches on aluminum. Baking soda can also do this by itself.
    • How will you keep mist and electrolyte out of your engine?

I love those cars and would hate to see it get F'ed. Also would hate to see the face of the unsuspecting consumer who buys the car later down the road with aluminum damage. See this thread:

http://hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=1426

And view the chemical compatibility chart for aluminum here:

http://www.coleparmer.com/techinfo/ChemComp.asp

Sodium Bicarbonate is not recommended.

Tourqy Pig Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Nice car. Have you considered these things?

• Baking Soda eats the plates readily
    • PVC begins to soften at 140*F
    • PVC fumes can harm catalytic converters and 02 sensors
    • Baking soda turns into NaOH which munches on aluminum. Baking soda can also do this by itself.
    • How will you keep mist and electrolyte out of your engine?

I love those cars and would hate to see it get F'ed. Also would hate to see the face of the unsuspecting consumer who buys the car later down the road with aluminum damage. See this thread:

http://hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=1426

And view the chemical compatibility chart for aluminum here:

http://www.coleparmer.com/techinfo/ChemComp.asp

Sodium Bicarbonate is not recommended.

I want to see results prior to investiong in a full on set up. My technical abilities are rather high and I know that two tanks of gas on this setup with a bubbler wont harm a thing! I will go to what the industrial pros use-Potassium Hydroxide! I want to see results first,,Thanks for the info

Tourqy Pig Guest

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by redneckgearhead34 View Post
    that is an awesome setup. Be sure to let us know how much it helps your mpg. I would also like to see how such a new ECU responds to one of these.
    I am hoping I Wont have to do any Mods to see the MPG increase, and I am also hoping the MPGs dont go down, But if they do it is a sign that my setup is working. I guess the O2 sensor will have to be modded...IF I do see an increase, I have alot of improvements and remanufacturing to do. I hope it works so bad. There are alot of nay sayers out there and I cant wait to say "look at my % increase. Once I get deeper into the knowledge of HHO, its game on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tourqy Pig View Post
    I am hoping I Wont have to do any Mods to see the MPG increase, and I am also hoping the MPGs dont go down, But if they do it is a sign that my setup is working. I guess the O2 sensor will have to be modded...IF I do see an increase, I have alot of improvements and remanufacturing to do. I hope it works so bad. There are alot of nay sayers out there and I cant wait to say "look at my % increase. Once I get deeper into the knowledge of HHO, its game on.

With no mods on my camry the mpg went down 7mpg.

Tourqy Pig Guest

Update

I filled my tank today because I wanted to see if there was a difference at all in MPG. Sadly, I am getting my standard 40 MPG. At least its not a decrease...I will have to wait and see if I have an increase after another tank of gas. However, I have changed my driving form 100% highway to 90% city/slow country. I would have got between 34-38MPG with this type of driving. SO let me wait and see if there will be a real increase after another tank of gas.