Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Totota Yaris

Quote Originally Posted by Tourqy Pig View Post
    I filled my tank today because I wanted to see if there was a difference at all in MPG. Sadly, I am getting my standard 40 MPG. At least its not a decrease...I will have to wait and see if I have an increase after another tank of gas. However, I have changed my driving form 100% highway to 90% city/slow country. I would have got between 34-38MPG with this type of driving. SO let me wait and see if there will be a real increase after another tank of gas.
    Have you measured the output of your gen? If it's to small might not see a gain/loss.

Tourqy Pig Guest
    I have to wait till it stops raining, and I have to make a good meter. I will post as soon as have the results cause I wanted to know myself

hoboincidaho Guest

Lightbulb

What type of equipment are you using to adjust the Ecm's voltage? Have you looked into a MADCOSM or COSM iii? Alternatively theres the VMU unit but these are all pricey and investment-worthy. I am interested in hacking my toyota engine as well.

Tourqy Pig Guest
    I have not added any equipment to adjust the ECM, however I did fill the tank today and am now getting a eight percent increase. I am going to wait one more tank of gas before I get excited. If the next tank shows a positive increase, I will be convinced and start my HHO integration using better methods of, electrolite, voltage mods, cell, and ECM. I dont have much money to work with so there will be alot of fact finding for me to do.

I hope others are doing good in their mission to reduce dependency on gas.

hoboincidaho Guest
    Thats why we're here. Little is it known that this community of people are here to help you save money. Listen to them, and you will.
    Anywhoo,
    Your increase gets me excited. If I were you, I would invest in SOME kind of ECM harness (efie or map/map sensor, and o2 sensor) to keep your vehicle's computer from having a stroke and dumping more fuel.
    The water4gas module seems cheap and effective, while the expensive ones mentioned earlier in this post are viable options as well.
    YOU NEED TO KNOW: Your computer in your car will notice the change of fuel burn and will adjust its behavior based on what it sees. Its all measured in voltage by the ECM. These modules trick your ecm. What ones are effective for modern and late model toyotas? Thats the question we ALL need to find out.

Vvti

With your Variable timing engine, you will need to keep your o2 sensor modding to a minimum, or you may have some unexpected results. I recommend using an o2 sensor spacer or an EFIE set very low.
    http://myhhohybrid.com/products.html

what happend to the toyota?

Hey how did it go, really intrested to know, since i am thinking of starting to do one myself.

If I missed something, someone let me know. Your car has a similar system as a Scion TC. You will need an EFIE to handle the AFR sensor in front (pre cat O2) and narrow band to handle the (post cat O2). that has a "fly by wire" throttle, which means you need to have an efficient cell and a well designed bubbler to keep the corrosive gas from entering your throttle body. Any slugs gets on the throttle plate it will affect the fly by wire throttle and the car will not run right. I am not sure what size engine you have, but the Scion I installed a system on needed more than the .5lpm per 1 liter of engine displacement.

the engine bay is tight you will need a dry cell producing at the min 1.5-2lpm.

The Yaris has a 1.5 liter engine, the same engine that was in the Scion Xa and first generation Xb. The same engine was also used in the toyota echo and the pree-2010 Prius, plus a TON of toyotas sold overseas.

The Scion tC used the 2.4 liter engine, same as in the Camary.

A car salesman never forgets his "stats", even if the profession was short lived
    1991 Plymouth Acclaim 3L V6.
    1 dry cells with nineteen 6"x8" 316L ss plates, driven by constant current PWM set at 35 amps (13.3V at PWM). 28% KOH electrolyte. Total measured output 2.5 lpm. Mileage went from 18 to 26 mpg, all city driving (44% increase). EFIE set at .370 and I still need to play with ignition timing.

wow you guys seems to know a lot about toyota engine.. what would i need to get any result at all with a toyota fj crusier 08 2wd. 4.0l?. I've tried doing this the past 3 years with no luck on any improvement. i've mess with a effie and the map/maf sensor. wide and norrow band. is toyota just to hard to fool? if anyone at all out there thats got any improvement with a toyota please help.