Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Black Box Experiment

You would need to prime the cell for this to work I think.
    I know, from experience, that having the return hose even slightly under the electrolyte will result in the fluid ceasing to flow.

What are your thoughts of benefits to this method, Stu?
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    You would need to prime the cell for this to work I think.
    I know, from experience, that having the return hose even slightly under the electrolyte will result in the fluid ceasing to flow.

What are your thoughts of benefits to this method, Stu?
    There are 3 tubes going into the reservoir cover:

1> Gas output to bubbler, etc.

2> Input gas from dry cell - inside tube can terminate above or below the electrolyte level.

3> Electrolyte output tube terminates at bottom of reservoir/

Prime by blowing into the output tube while blocking off the gas input tube barb but allowing gas output tube from cell to pass fluid into a container later to be poured back into reservoir.

Are you saying that having the gas under the electrolyte just passes hydroxy or that it stops production?

I have tested various height differentials and it appear that it must be fine tuned for best MMW. If back pressure is too small, there will be pumping and air pockets will reduce current.

BoyntonStu

I definitely think its worth experimenting with, the only caveat is that too much back pressure on the return will cause the cell to empty as gas will push electrolyte up the fill tube.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Lightbulb

I definitely think its worth experimenting with, the only caveat is that too much back pressure on the return will cause the cell to empty as gas will push electrolyte up the fill tube.
    Back pressure will be exactly the same for a tube coming out the top with its entry dipped into the bottom of the reservoir as a tube coming straight out the bottom.

The gas coming from the cell to the the top of the reservoir will also be at the same pressure as in any bottom feed reservoir.

BoyntonStu

I ended up having the remove the polycarbonate all together as I wanted to see what would happen when elyte and poly are in the same areas. Essentially, when you throw in electrolysis, things are sped up very rapidly. Anyway, I can use the poly for other things/projects.

Now, it's UHMW. 1/2" thick. Awesome material. I highly recommend.

I picked up one of the reservoir tanks you recommended yesterday. I had one of these before but the seal went on the bottom. I just need to find a way of sealing the cap too. I was thinking of trimming off the lip and using a PVC pipe pressure test seal cap from Lowes. Have you seen those? They are a piece of expanding rubber between two pieces of plastic. You tighten the wing nut on top and the rubber is forced out, completing the seal. Might work pretty good.

Russ.
    I really like my reservoir from AutoZone. I replaced the cheap seal with 1/8" thick shore 50 OO neoprene foam material from mcmaster.com. Sounds like the PVC pipe pressure test seal cap might work too. I really like the reservoir because you don't have to go drilling any new pipe fittings. They are all right there ready to go. Works great. I am also using heavy duty all neoprene 5/16" black hose now as this type of hose creates a much tighter seal around the inlets and outlets that doesn't allow gases to escape. Basically, if the pressure were to get too high, the cap would just pop off.