Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is an EFIE important to have with my booster?

pj91gsx Guest

Is an EFIE important to have with my booster?

I was reading and came across the EFIE and was wondering it my car would be hurting without it or it I need it or if it does or does not matter if I have it or not.

The definition EFEI is used way too broadly. EFEI really is a term used to describe a vehicle as having fuel injection. If you want maximum gain you will have to use something to stop your ECM from offsetting the HHO with more fuel. Your vehicle could have either a normal O2 sensor or a Wideband air/fuel sensor. They both measure oxygen in your exhaust defore the cat. The problem is thet with an O2 sensor the higher the voltage from the sensor the leaner your ECM will make your car run and with an A/F sensor the lower the voltage from your sensor the leaner your car will run. They take very different mod's. The A/F sensor is an easier fix. You simply need a proper rated pentiometer in line between the sensor and the ECM. With the O2 you must add voltage. There is also a MAP or a MAF sensor in your intake that senses the volume of air your engine is using and adjust the fuel injectors accorgingly. The same type of mod as with the A/F sensor should work there. First before begining some research must be done as to how your vehicle is equipped.

pj91gsx Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by H2OPWR View Post
    The definition EFEI is used way too broadly. EFEI really is a term used to describe a vehicle as having fuel injection. If you want maximum gain you will have to use something to stop your ECM from offsetting the HHO with more fuel. Your vehicle could have either a normal O2 sensor or a Wideband air/fuel sensor. They both measure oxygen in your exhaust defore the cat. The problem is thet with an O2 sensor the higher the voltage from the sensor the leaner your ECM will make your car run and with an A/F sensor the lower the voltage from your sensor the leaner your car will run. They take very different mod's. The A/F sensor is an easier fix. You simply need a proper rated pentiometer in line between the sensor and the ECM. With the O2 you must add voltage. There is also a MAP or a MAF sensor in your intake that senses the volume of air your engine is using and adjust the fuel injectors accorgingly. The same type of mod as with the A/F sensor should work there. First before begining some research must be done as to how your vehicle is equipped.
    As in research you mean? i have one o2 sensor, and a MAF of course, I dont think I have a MAP. So with the EFIE would the motor run slower or would it run faster?

Quote Originally Posted by pj91gsx View Post
    As in research you mean? i have one o2 sensor, and a MAF of course, I dont think I have a MAP. So with the EFIE would the motor run slower or would it run faster?
    the idea behind the EFIE is to tell the computer to use less gas by adjusting the voltage from the O2 sensor, but not to lean the fuel out to much as too over heat the motor - u can usually tell by engine temp.

Its not that the motor run slower or faster - just more fuel efficient.
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

pj91gsx Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mytoyotasucks View Post
    the idea behind the EFIE is to tell the computer to use less gas by adjusting the voltage from the O2 sensor, but not to lean the fuel out to much as too over heat the motor - u can usually tell by engine temp.

Its not that the motor run slower or faster - just more fuel efficient.
    well since it would run more rich that might cause the gas to wash down the cylinders? Or is it not enough of a difference?

well since it would run more rich that might cause the gas to wash down the cylinders? Or is it not enough of a difference?
    its not enough to make a diff, but wouldnt u like to get more mpg?

right now with mine, i only see a 1 mpg increase, but since it runs richer, i have a huge horse power increase.
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

pj91gsx Guest
    its not enough to make a diff, but wouldnt u like to get more mpg?

right now with mine, i only see a 1 mpg increase, but since it runs richer, i have a huge horse power increase.
    But you dont know the power difference from having it or not, do you? Im already getting 30+ without the booster, I just want to keep my power as well. I would think it would keep the same power or increase power with or without the EFIE.

But you dont know the power difference from having it or not, do you? Im already getting 30+ without the booster, I just want to keep my power as well. I would think it would keep the same power or increase power with or without the EFIE.
    u will keep the same power or more.

just because u install a EFIE or MAP EN,doesnt mean ull loose power.

hydrogen makes has more energy than gas = more power. Just do over lean it out and u will have the same or more power.
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

pj91gsx Guest
    u will keep the same power or more.

just because u install a EFIE or MAP EN,doesnt mean ull loose power.

hydrogen makes has more energy than gas = more power. Just do over lean it out and u will have the same or more power.
    Are you saying it is a tool that I can use to control the amount of fuel going in? I do have an lc1 innovate wideband but I was not planning to use it on my bmw.

bigapple Guest
    Are you saying it is a tool that I can use to control the amount of fuel going in? I do have an lc1 innovate wideband but I was not planning to use it on my bmw.
    thats exactly what hes saying. since hydroxy is highly flammable, it burns quicker and cleaner than gas. its like adding nitrous oxide. it increases the octane and makes it burn quicker and cleaner. since ur introducing a very flammable material to ur gas, why do u need to use more fuel? (since it detects more oxygen) thats the entire logic behind this device. it uses less gasoline and more air (leaner mixture)