Thread: Amoeba Cell - Breaking in nicely

Exclamation Amoeba Cell - Breaking in nicely 7.47 MMW

Group,

As I add NaOH, the current is slowly rising but the output is rising even faster.

When I saw these figures, I could not believe them.

Volts Amps ML Seconds
    13.8 6 1000 97

Watts MMW ML/MIN
    82.8 7.47 619

They are accurate as you can see in the video timeline.

Amoebas may soon multiply.

BTW I believe that glass reservoirs and bubblers are the way to go IF you shield them and/or wrap them in a protective plastic.

Glass containers are clean, free, seal with a slight twist angle, have lids that are easy to mount barbs, and of course transparent.

BoyntonStu

JojoJaro Guest
    Cool.

How did you seal the edges? Which epoxy brand? Is it holding up?

cambo11 Guest
    BoyntonStu,

Cool design and great efficiency! Can you please share the construction techniques/details of this unit (video would be great if you are willing). I'd love to build one.

How do you keep it together?
    Gasket material/thickness?
    How did you mount electrical connections and hose inlet/outlet fittings?

I really think you have a winning combination here.

Thanks

redneckgearhead34 Guest

Is it for sale? jk

I really like this. Looks like you are at the stage of making these more useful to the average everyday joe. I love to see how this turns out.

But seriously do you have on to sell?

overtaker Guest
    I don't think I would want to be anywhere close to a glass jar that exploded even if it was inside a plastic container. Someone could test one at a safe distance to get an idea how easily the glass shards go through the outer plastic. BE SAFE.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by overtaker View Post
    I don't think I would want to be anywhere close to a glass jar that exploded even if it was inside a plastic container. Someone could test one at a safe distance to get an idea how easily the glass shards go through the outer plastic. BE SAFE.
    You take a 3" diameter glass bubbler with all tubes out the top, and you drop it into a Schedule 40 PVC pipe.

Safe enough?

BoyntonStu

overtaker Guest
    Probably and definitely more safe then a much thinner plastic jar. What would you use for the top of the pvc?

Quote Originally Posted by overtaker View Post
    Probably and definitely more safe then a much thinner plastic jar. What would you use for the top of the pvc?
    First, the bubbler would be in the car under the hood.

Second, a glass jar has a metal screw on cover which is stronger than the PVC pipe..

Third, In the cover there will be 2 or 3 plastic hoses that are weaker than the metal cover and they will blow out, or blow off first.

Fourth, I may also include a membrane blow out as part of the bubbler cover.

BoyntonStu