Quote Originally Posted by Smith03Jetta View Post
Here's my "Opinion". JUST AN OPINION...

If you lean out your fuel mixture you will start using less gasoline to get from point A to point B. It is that simple. You will also risk damaging your engine. Lean running will cause damage to your pistons, spark plugs, valves.

If you start using HHO gas in addition to running your engine intentionally lean you can get better gas mileage while avoiding damaging your engine.

If you start off by running HHO gas only you will will probably not get a benefit from the HHO alone. The engine will sense a different exhaust gas mixture than what it is programmed to sense. It will "FLIP OUT" and start pumping more gasoline to try to "FIX" the problem. It expects a certain level of pollution and when it does not get that level of pollution the only thing it can do is adjust the level of gasoline getting into the cylinder.

That's it in a nutshell. Now why would anyone attempt to run straight HHO with no other mods and expect to get better gas mileage? I can't explain. Very few people have done it. Very few cars are configured to accept a large amount of HHO .75+ liters and get a benefit from it.
Smith, you are right. Atleast from all that I have read the HHO allows you to extend your lean burning limit. So you can run a leaner A/F ratio w/o damage.