Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tushar’s Hybrid Project

tbhavsar Guest

Tushar’s Hybrid Project

Current Setup:

1) Installed in Honda Accord 1995 LX (Current Miles 163,000)

2) One booster with “+ N N - -N N +” with SS wall plates and 1/16 gap using nylon

3) Gas output > 0.75 LPM (but < 1 LPM) (is this enough?)

(I Checked for leaks with soap water and fixed it)

4) 15 amp starting current going up to 30 amp after 10-15 minutes of driving

5) Gas out to location close to filter unlike close to Manifold or PCV
    valve (I am still contemplating) about using PCV Hose; not sure…

6) MPG before Install was 28 approx.

Results:

1) Percentage gain ? (none so far)

2) MPG (After Install)? (none so far)

Next Steps:
    1) Remove current Gas Out that is close to Air filter and change
    location close to Intake Manifold.

2) Install Anti Fouling Spacer (O2 Extender) on the Catalytic Converter;
    There are two O2 Sensors; one in the front by engine and one in the
    catalytic Converter.

3) Seal plate edges with Rubber Splice Tape from home depot to reduce current leaks

4) Add cooling thru electrolyte circulation (taking advantage of thermal-pressure)

Questions:
    1) Is my Gas output > 0.75 LPM (but < 1 LPM) enough?

2) Should I install O2 Extender (on first O2 Sensor i.e. close to
    engine)

3) Should I install EFIE or MAF enhancer

Thanks for your help in Advance.

Only the front 02 sensor controls fuel. The one after the cat just compares signels to check cat effeciency. Sealing your cell for current leakage will help HHO output greatly. Your car will have either a MAP or a MAF sensor. Either one modifies the same way. Just splice into the wire and add a 40 to 50k ohm pentiometer in line to lower the voltage goung to the ECM. Be very careful. If you run your engine too lean you WILL BURN HOLES IN THE PISTON'S.

you need more neutrals.
    1982 MB 300D Turbo Diesel 90%WVO/10%RUG + additives blend. $.50/gal
    don't know what MPG is, probly low 20s

tbhavsar Guest

extended gas output upto intake manifold now

I have extended gas output upto intake manifold now; will post results in few days. please check out pics here;

http://picasaweb.google.com/tbhavsar...ctionImproved#

scrode Guest
    I had to use a map enhancer to achieve gains on my 2002 Honda Accord LX
    was 28 before now averages 40+ mpg. and I put the gas out right after the map sensor unit on the intake.

tbhavsar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by scrode View Post
    I had to use a map enhancer to achieve gains on my 2002 Honda Accord LX was 28 before now averages 40+ mpg. and I put the gas out right after the map sensor unit on the intake.
    Congrats!

Since you only got results after installing the MAP enhancer how do you know that the booster made any difference? What would happen if you removed your gas generator?

scrode Guest
    with booster and no map enhancer my mileage went to shit below 28 mpg (wife drives 100 miles every day to work and back, I'm retired). It probably would be better mileage with just the enhancer,( I didn't notice much) but you run the risk of burning valves. and you don't get the performance increase that you do with the hho additive to gas. When I first installed the system and was working out the bugs (like where to put the gas-in line). it definitely made a difference when I connected to the vacuum compared to the air filter side of the intake (no vacuum). so yes the hho does make a difference beyond just the enhancer IMHO.

just a side note my accord has over 169,000 miles. The system has saved us hundreds of $ a month since installing the hho system. (about 3 months)

Hi Tushar,

Good to see you got your own thread going.

I've just read through and taken a look at your pictures, I have a few comments for you:

1. You definitely need more neutrals in your setup, currently (no pun intended!) you will be generating unneeded heat due to too much voltage per plate. I would suggest four or five neutrals in each series set in your design.

2. I ran my HHO line to deliver gas right at the base of the throttle body where it will get a good vacuum. You could also build yourself a small venturi to deliver it through to enhance same.

3. From the pics (looked at them on my blackberry so I might be mistaken) it looks like your HHO delivery hose is running close to your engines heads. I would suggest securing it with nylon zip ties well away from the hotter parts of the engine for safety.

4. Are you using a bubbler at all? I would definitely suggest this for flashback support alone.

Question: what are you using for your catalyst?

Hope this helps!

Russ.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Smith03Jetta Guest
    Here's my "Opinion". JUST AN OPINION...

If you lean out your fuel mixture you will start using less gasoline to get from point A to point B. It is that simple. You will also risk damaging your engine. Lean running will cause damage to your pistons, spark plugs, valves.

If you start using HHO gas in addition to running your engine intentionally lean you can get better gas mileage while avoiding damaging your engine.

If you start off by running HHO gas only you will will probably not get a benefit from the HHO alone. The engine will sense a different exhaust gas mixture than what it is programmed to sense. It will "FLIP OUT" and start pumping more gasoline to try to "FIX" the problem. It expects a certain level of pollution and when it does not get that level of pollution the only thing it can do is adjust the level of gasoline getting into the cylinder.

That's it in a nutshell. Now why would anyone attempt to run straight HHO with no other mods and expect to get better gas mileage? I can't explain. Very few people have done it. Very few cars are configured to accept a large amount of HHO .75+ liters and get a benefit from it.

tbhavsar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith03Jetta View Post
    Here's my "Opinion". JUST AN OPINION...

If you lean out your fuel mixture you will start using less gasoline to get from point A to point B. It is that simple. You will also risk damaging your engine. Lean running will cause damage to your pistons, spark plugs, valves.

If you start using HHO gas in addition to running your engine intentionally lean you can get better gas mileage while avoiding damaging your engine.

If you start off by running HHO gas only you will will probably not get a benefit from the HHO alone. The engine will sense a different exhaust gas mixture than what it is programmed to sense. It will "FLIP OUT" and start pumping more gasoline to try to "FIX" the problem. It expects a certain level of pollution and when it does not get that level of pollution the only thing it can do is adjust the level of gasoline getting into the cylinder.

That's it in a nutshell. Now why would anyone attempt to run straight HHO with no other mods and expect to get better gas mileage? I can't explain. Very few people have done it. Very few cars are configured to accept a large amount of HHO .75+ liters and get a benefit from it.
    In theory, I agree with you. Actually this will confirm that the booster is producing gas and it is working fine. But I do NOT see any discrease in MPG (since I have not done any MAP/MAF/EFIE/ or O2 Extender modification yet).