Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tushar’s Hybrid Project

Quote Originally Posted by Smith03Jetta View Post
    Here's my "Opinion". JUST AN OPINION...

If you lean out your fuel mixture you will start using less gasoline to get from point A to point B. It is that simple. You will also risk damaging your engine. Lean running will cause damage to your pistons, spark plugs, valves.

If you start using HHO gas in addition to running your engine intentionally lean you can get better gas mileage while avoiding damaging your engine.

If you start off by running HHO gas only you will will probably not get a benefit from the HHO alone. The engine will sense a different exhaust gas mixture than what it is programmed to sense. It will "FLIP OUT" and start pumping more gasoline to try to "FIX" the problem. It expects a certain level of pollution and when it does not get that level of pollution the only thing it can do is adjust the level of gasoline getting into the cylinder.

That's it in a nutshell. Now why would anyone attempt to run straight HHO with no other mods and expect to get better gas mileage? I can't explain. Very few people have done it. Very few cars are configured to accept a large amount of HHO .75+ liters and get a benefit from it.
    Smith, you are right. Atleast from all that I have read the HHO allows you to extend your lean burning limit. So you can run a leaner A/F ratio w/o damage.

tbhavsar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    Hi Tushar,

Good to see you got your own thread going.

I've just read through and taken a look at your pictures, I have a few comments for you:

1. You definitely need more neutrals in your setup, currently (no pun intended!) you will be generating unneeded heat due to too much voltage per plate. I would suggest four or five neutrals in each series set in your design.

2. I ran my HHO line to deliver gas right at the base of the throttle body where it will get a good vacuum. You could also build yourself a small venturi to deliver it through to enhance same.

3. From the pics (looked at them on my blackberry so I might be mistaken) it looks like your HHO delivery hose is running close to your engines heads. I would suggest securing it with nylon zip ties well away from the hotter parts of the engine for safety.

4. Are you using a bubbler at all? I would definitely suggest this for flashback support alone.

Question: what are you using for your catalyst?

Hope this helps!

Russ.

Hi Russ,

I appreciate your reply and encouragements; please check my reply;

1. You definitely need more neutrals in your setup, currently (no pun intended!) you will be generating unneeded heat due to too much voltage per plate. I would suggest four or five neutrals in each series set in your design.

I am currently using 3” tube and wall plates (4 X 2.75”); and hence I do not have enough room to add more than eight plates in total. I have ordered custom 316L 2 X 6” size “+ N N N – N N N +” with 1/16 spacing; hopefully it will be delivered by this weekend.

2. I ran my HHO line to deliver gas right at the base of the throttle body where it will get a good vacuum. You could also build yourself a small venturi to deliver it through to enhance same.

Is it possible to buy Readymade Venturi? Any link to design or pictures? On the other side I am still contemplating to add a ‘T’ and connect to PCV hose but I am not sure. What is your thought? Do you use PCV line?

3. From the pics (looked at them on my blackberry so I might be mistaken) it looks like your HHO delivery hose is running close to your engines heads. I would suggest securing it with nylon zip ties well away from the hotter parts of the engine for safety.

Point well taken; that would finalize my setup once I start seeing positive results.

4. Are you using a bubbler at all? I would definitely suggest this for flashback support alone.

I do have a bubbler with Anti-Slosh (using plastic scrubby); I will send link some pics.

NOTE: I am also thinking about having two booster run in parrellel with PWM to controlled current less than 25 amp. Expecting to have a gas out about 2 LPM.

Thanks
    Tushar

Quote Originally Posted by tbhavsar View Post
    Is it possible to buy Readymade Venturi? Any link to design or pictures? On the other side I am still contemplating to add a ‘T’ and connect to PCV hose but I am not sure. What is your thought? Do you use PCV line?
    I haven't tried the PCV line myself, the thing I like about the throttle body is that you can deliver right next to the idle hole. This ensures a good flow. I've also had reports from other people with the same vehicle that they had the best results there, this may be vehicle specific though. As with everything, try it and see what you think!

NOTE: I am also thinking about having two booster run in parrellel with PWM to controlled current less than 25 amp. Expecting to have a gas out about 2 LPM.
    Not a bad idea, but if you have room for two boosters in the same place, why not just build a bigger booster?

If you're interested in a PWM, check out ZeroFossilFuel's current sensing PWM on his website: http://www.alt-nrg.org/
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

tbhavsar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    I haven't tried the PCV line myself, the thing I like about the throttle body is that you can deliver right next to the idle hole. This ensures a good flow. I've also had reports from other people with the same vehicle that they had the best results there, this may be vehicle specific though. As with everything, try it and see what you think!

Not a bad idea, but if you have room for two boosters in the same place, why not just build a bigger booster?

If you're interested in a PWM, check out ZeroFossilFuel's current sensing PWM on his website: http://www.alt-nrg.org/
    Thanks; I do not have enough room in under the hood so I am installing between grill and radiator; I do not think it will fit 4" PVC pipe otherwise I will have to build custom polycarbonate box.

I am thinking about buying PWM from this site; what would be diff between this and made by Zero (off-course this would be cheaper). http://www.bakatronics.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=679

tbhavsar Guest
    I have extended gas output upto intake manifold now; will post results in few days. please check out pics here;

http://picasaweb.google.com/tbhavsar...ctionImproved#
    After extending gas out line close to intake, my car is kind of running heavy; I feel I am driving on lower gear... I feel llike it is straining it self....I do not know why. Any idea, what it would do that?please check out these pics. http://picasaweb.google.com/tbhavsar...ctionImproved#

scrode Guest
    you need to connect or t-in to the vacuum line right after the map sensor. in the picture #6 in the upper right corner at the end of the air tube is the intake on top of the intake is the map sensor just right of it looks like there is a vacuum line, t into it and you'll definitely notice a difference. I found that before the throttle butterfly you don't get the vacuum that it seems you needs. IMHO

its just my opinion but I have tried the way you are hooking it up.

whats ironic is I put the air line right exactly where you did. I also tried right up next to the mouth of intake with the same results

Good luck Scott

tbhavsar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by scrode View Post
    you need to connect or t-in to the vacuum line right after the map sensor. in the picture #6 in the upper right corner at the end of the air tube is the intake on top of the intake is the map sensor just right of it looks like there is a vacuum line, t into it and you'll definitely notice a difference. I found that before the throttle butterfly you don't get the vacuum that it seems you needs. IMHO

its just my opinion but I have tried the way you are hooking it up.

whats ironic is I put the air line right exactly where you did. I also tried right up next to the mouth of intake with the same results

Good luck Scott
    Thanks for your input; are you refering to PCV vacumm line? can you provide link to your setup pics? I am still little bit confuse what you are refering to....Attached is pic of my engine.

scrode Guest
    I'll post some pics when the wife gets home she has the car and camera

scrode Guest
    Thanks for your input; are you refering to PCV vacumm line? can you provide link to your setup pics? I am still little bit confuse what you are refering to....Attached is pic of my engine.
    I tried running right to my pcv then changed to a vacuum line right next to my map sensor. I haven't noticed any difference in the 2 though.

tbhavsar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by scrode View Post
    I'll post some pics when the wife gets home she has the car and camera
    Thanks Scrode; I appreciate your help.