Quote Originally Posted by pj91gsx View Post
The failures are in the ground wire, which I will put a bigger wire, the blots ont he top for the connection were not stainless, neither were the nuts connecting the plates, I am installing stainless nuts and hard wear for the connection, added a better ground wire and am going to try to get a glass mason jar and see how it will do. I drive for about 6 minutes a day so the pvc might not have time to overheat will it?
I had problems with my wires overheating for the longest time and finally decided to do it big or go home. Most people suggest a 10-8 gauge wire for the positive and negative terminal to prevent heat buildup. Since I had a giftcard to Best Buy with some free money, I bought Rockford Fosgate 4 gauge speaker wire and some large wire crimps for them. I ran all of this through a 40 amp circuit breaker and 40 amp relay to my battery and heat issues are never caused by my wiring anymore. I'd say go ahead and get big wire (although 1 or 0 gauge is probably ridiculous overkill). I'd go ahead and be safe and get 4 or 6 gauge wire. Then you can limit down your heating issues to the generator and not your connections