Thread: Can I run +-+-+-+- but use a pwm and have no heat probs?

in_style Guest

Can I run +-+-+-+- but use a pwm and have no heat probs?

I have built a couple generators and the produce great hho, but natrally the heat wins. I have read up on the pmw.....if I use one will it solve the heat issues?
    Will it produce less hho? I mean $40 is nothing if it would cure the heat and produce great hho.
    Please enlighten me. Why does everyine not use a pwm?

Mindcrime13 Guest
    try it! a pwm is good regardless what configuration, since it modifies de DC signals for a better current, also you can adjust the amount of amperage going to the cell

good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by in_style View Post
    I have built a couple generators and the produce great hho, but naturally the heat wins. I have read up on the pmw.....if I use one will it solve the heat issues?
    Will it produce less hho? I mean $40 is nothing if it would cure the heat and produce great hho.
    Please enlighten me. Why does everyone not use a pwm?
    u need to put some neutral plates in to take some heat away.

most peops dont use a pwm because they think they dont need one - myself included but i am going to try one, cause they say it works.

just like they say neutral plates take heat away, their right, i added 2 neutrals and droped 35 degrees F.
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

You can run that kind of configuration but you should not. I have experimented with both alot. Plate surface is the key to great effeciency. Anything over 2 volts per plate lessens effeciency. You will be far better off to add at least three n plates between each = and -.

redneckgearhead34 Guest
    I was thinking since anything over 2v per plate creates excessive heat why cant you take the 14v from your car/truck divide it by 7 and wire the plates in parallel. I am not an electrical engineer and have not idea how we could do this but it would be interesting to se the results.

Has anyone tried this?

Quote Originally Posted by redneckgearhead34 View Post
    I was thinking since anything over 2v per plate creates excessive heat why cant you take the 14v from your car/truck divide it by 7 and wire the plates in parallel. I am not an electrical engineer and have not idea how we could do this but it would be interesting to se the results.

Has anyone tried this?
    yes peops have tried, not me yet, just rebember u dont want a direct contact trought like wiring batteries together because that would be a short. but u thinking, i know im always looking for a better way.

I would be trying more diff ways this weekend but i screwed my back and dont stand to good right now.
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.