Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DIY - Hydrogen Cell - A Phased Approach

mneste8718 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratous View Post
    Also, it looks from your picture as it your nuetral plates are all connected together. If that is so, then you only have one nuetral plate. All plates in the cell should be isolated from each other unless they actually carry a charge. Positive plates and negative plates can be connected together, but nuetral plates should not be connected together. I may be wrong about the way your picture looks though.
    Thats not my setup, in my setup, I definitely had 8 neutral plates. With 3 amps, I was getting like 120F by my estimation after like 15 minutes. I doubt that this would just stop increasing as time went on....

Here is a photo of the cell i am currently building for a customer, its not finished yet, but it should be tomorrow. Its a 9 plate config at 1/16". +nnn-nnn+ . I certainly hope the customer likes it.
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

hho_underground Guest
    ...nice bubbler container...

tbhavsar Guest
    Also, it looks from your picture as it your nuetral plates are all connected together. If that is so, then you only have one nuetral plate. All plates in the cell should be isolated from each other unless they actually carry a charge. Positive plates and negative plates can be connected together, but nuetral plates should not be connected together. I may be wrong about the way your picture looks though.
    Stratous,
    No, It is my (Tushar') cell; I checked all of the plates using multimeter; nothing is shorted. I am planning to have -nnnn+nnnn- config. Have tried runing multiple cell is series?

Thanks
    Tushar

tbhavsar Guest
    Stratous,

Also I would like to know, from where you bought radiator and waterpump? thanks in Adv.

The unit I am currently using is 4 cells, they are set up in 2 sets of parallel then the 2 sets are wired in series. I got my water pump from harbor frieght and the radiator from advanced auto. I dont use the radiator any more as the aluminum didnt last long, I now use a 20' piece of clear flexible hose as a cool down line.
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

tbhavsar Guest
    The unit I am currently using is 4 cells, they are set up in 2 sets of parallel then the 2 sets are wired in series. I got my water pump from harbor frieght and the radiator from advanced auto. I dont use the radiator any more as the aluminum didnt last long, I now use a 20' piece of clear flexible hose as a cool down line.
    Thanks Stratous; appreciate your feedback.

tbhavsar Guest

Stratous,

In you design with 2 parallel and 2 series, how does is makes difference? Since the container does not have compartment for each cell. I guess your goal is to improve gas productivity with less heat. Also can you please post your MPG gain or direct me to another post that you may have posted?

Thanks