Thread: Amoeba Cell: Important information for all cells.

Exclamation Amoeba Cell: Important information for all cells.

This was very interesting and quite important:

I ran the Amoeba with a battery charger at 12 V followed by a converted ATX supply at 12 V got 2.91 MMW

Just switched leads to the car at 13,8 V and the MMW jumped to 6.2.

Notice how the ammeters agree.

Conclusion: 2 V is on the borderline and 2.33 is mucho better.

Volts Amps ML Seconds
    12 6 1000 286

Watts MMW ML/MIN
    72 2.913753 209.7902

Followed by

Volts Amps ML Seconds
    13.8 8 1000 88

Watts MMW ML/MIN
    110.4 6.175889 681.8182

Also see the new Amoeba Cell and the improved Metamucil-ometer.

BoyntonStu

redneckgearhead34 Guest
    Again I love the ameoba cell. I am assuming you have seven plates -nnnnnn+. I was just wondering

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by redneckgearhead34 View Post
    Again I love the ameoba cell. I am assuming you have seven plates -nnnnnn+. I was just wondering
    Thanks.

Yes 7 plates and 6 cells.

I believe that this experiment shows why some folks see dramatic improvement with 6 plates and 5 cells when not powered by a fully charged auto battery.

Each cell needs a threshold voltage which seems to be about 2.33 V.

I am looking into the possibility of selling Amoeba Cell kits if there is enough interest.

Is there someone in SE Florida going to the meet in October willing to bring and demonstrate the Amoeba?

Thanks for your interest in the Amoeba Cell concept.

BoyntonStu

I've been giving this a lot of thought today, in conjunction with some thoughts that have been going around my head lately.

I think that obtaining ideal voltage per cell to begin and for most efficient production has to be a product of more variables than the number of cells and input voltage. Other factors such as the resistance of the plates and of the electrolyte must come into play too. Your figures certainly point in this direction.

It must also be the case that the voltage per cell will change with rising amp load, due to the V=I over R rule.

These hypothesis may also explain each cells "sweet spot" and may even allow us to develop a formula to calculate it.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Lightbulb

This comment was recently added to the Amoeba Cell voltage video:

"nice job man , that little Amoeba cell is pretty neat .And yeah I have learned from my own experiments that the sweet spot on voltage is between 2.3 and 2.5..Keep up the great work man"

FWIW

BoyntonStu

Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    I've been giving this a lot of thought today, in conjunction with some thoughts that have been going around my head lately.

I think that obtaining ideal voltage per cell to begin and for most efficient production has to be a product of more variables than the number of cells and input voltage. Other factors such as the resistance of the plates and of the electrolyte must come into play too. Your figures certainly point in this direction.

It must also be the case that the voltage per cell will change with rising amp load, due to the V=I over R rule.

These hypothesis may also explain each cells "sweet spot" and may even allow us to develop a formula to calculate it.

Boyntonstu,

Yes, you are on the path to success I believe. 6 Cell setup is exactly what I run for the exact same reasons. I *do* firmly believe that voltage greater than 2 runs right into the sweet spot, but it seems as though ZeroFossilFuel has also discovered this before.

My Black Box Experiment is on hold for parts but will commence with delivery of supplies and my cell config is +UUUUU- -UUUUU+. This cell will be sealed and hopefully perform as well as yours. Excellent work!