Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accidents

Accidents

All,
    I have been running HHO of some form for over 6 months. I realize how explosive it is and treat it so.

I originally connected the generator to my parking lights during the experimental phase. I finished up the design and testing of the final controller design (see temperature feedback pwm) on thursday.

Last friday I was showing the generator to a guy I work with. I forgot to turn the parking lights off. I went to the parking lot 2 hours later and discovered the generator had been on for two hours.

I immediately turned the gen off, disconnected the pcv line and blew and inhaled into the intake manifold for about 10 minutes. Then I let the truck sit for 2 hours.

I went to start the truck and BOOM. See picture for results. BTW, an intake manifold for a 2003 Ford Ranger is $200. Oh yea, a MAP sensor is $60.

http://www.mikecramer.com/images/intake1.jpg

That's why I power a booster with something that is ONLY on when the ignition is in the ON position. Perhaps you should have taken your plugs out and let it air out that way.

get one of those vacuum switches so its only on when the engine is turning.
    1982 MB 300D Turbo Diesel 90%WVO/10%RUG + additives blend. $.50/gal
    don't know what MPG is, probly low 20s

Should of pulled plug wires and had someone push me in 4th gear for 20 feet or so, I have 20-20 hindsight.

It's fixed with the final design. The power relay coil is wired to the fuel pump relay, so hho only when the fuel pump is running.

Installed the final design sunday. See tempreature feedback pwm thread.

jimbo40 Guest
    Wow,
    that is scary. if someone was standing there they could have been hurt pretty bad if a peice of the shrapnal had hit them in the juggler vein or somewhere vital.
    Thank God nobody got hurt.

Dewayne Guest
    OOPS !!!!

Smith03Jetta Guest
    I really want to see that photo but the link is not working.

pj91gsx Guest
    picture is not working btw. That is a scary thought, I dont have mine wired to the ignition yet, but I dont have it in at the moment either, I think the only way to get the hydrogen out is to disconnect the fuel injectors plugs and plug wires so the engine will suck in the hydrogen and push it out, but the motor will not crank.

Smith03Jetta Guest
    Not true, all you have to do is disconnect the air plenum with a pair of pliers. Open the throttle body butterfly by pressing on the accelerator petal and let it air out. If pressing on the accelerator petal does not open your throttle body with the key turned off, you should press very gently with your finger on the actual butterfly valve. Be careful not to damage the servo motor that controls the butterfly valve by pressing too quickly.

Hydrogen is lighter than the surrounding air. It will rise out of the air intake if it has a large enough outlet.

I would also open up the air filter cover and let that air out too.

Keeping a small tool kit with a pair of pliers and a couple screwdrivers in your car is a good idea anyway.