Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for Gaskets for drycells

JonDoh Guest

looking for Gaskets for drycells

I'm wanting to build a dry cell...... does anybody know where to get gaskets?

Quote Originally Posted by JonDoh View Post
    I'm wanting to build a dry cell...... does anybody know where to get gaskets?
    I cut mine from 0.040" thick PVC shower pan liner from Lowes.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    I cut mine from 0.040" thick PVC shower pan liner from Lowes.
    Is .040 too thin? What kind of performance do you get?

I got 0.125" form Gainger highemp silicon A bit pricey though. Im looking for a cheaper opption also.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Jacques View Post
    Is .040 too thin? What kind of performance do you get?

I got 0.125" form Gainger highemp silicon A bit pricey though. Im looking for a cheaper opption also.
    I was looking at the 3/16" neoprene for spacers. The cost is cheaper but I don't know about compatability issues.

hygear Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrotinkerer View Post
    I was looking at the 3/16" neoprene for spacers. The cost is cheaper but I don't know about compatability issues.

I've used neoprene for months with no compatabilaty issues stemming from exposure to KOH(potassium hydroxide) whatsoever.

I got them from a local gasket company in Tampa Fl. They cut them to my specs cheaper than me with a razor knife(they keep the scraps).

Quote Originally Posted by hygear View Post
    I've used neoprene for months with no compatabilaty issues stemming from exposure to KOH(potassium hydroxide) whatsoever.

I got them from a local gasket company in Tampa Fl. They cut them to my specs cheaper than me with a razor knife(they keep the scraps).
    When looking at neoprene it is rated by a durometer scale(hardness). Do you know what your neoprene was rated. I think if its to hard it won't seal. If it's to soft it won't hold it's shape.

hygear Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrotinkerer View Post
    When looking at neoprene it is rated by a durometer scale(hardness). Do you know what your neoprene was rated. I think if its to hard it won't seal. If it's to soft it won't hold it's shape.
    I'm not sure what hardness neoprene I got,and they're closed for the day I'll call tomorrow and find out for you.

JonDoh Guest
    A local gasket company gave me some examples of their rubber gasket material..... What kinda effect does that have with KoH or Baking Soda (what I use)??

At any local rubber supply outlet you can buysheet rubber at almost any thickness and size. It is not expensive and can be cut easily with an exacto knife. I am close to posting pictures and videos of my new 100 plate generator using this gasket type.