Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: where to draw power from?

oopsj Guest

Wiring

The generator itself should be wired to the battery thru a relay. No other source than the battery should be used to power the cell but the battery.

Either install a switch for the relay , that will require drilling holes in the firewall. I power my relay from the windshield wiper motor hot wire thats is only hot when the ignition is on. The problem i see wiring it to the fuel pump relay is you might blow the fuse to it with a short, then your engine will shut down.
    http://h2o.localal.com

Mindcrime13 Guest
    thanks everybody for the replies

so what the relay those is, draw power only when it detects power on from another source? what kind fo relay do i need to ask for in the store? any specefic number?

thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Mindcrime13 View Post
    thanks everybody for the replies

so what the relay those is, draw power only when it detects power on from another source? what kind fo relay do i need to ask for in the store? any specefic number?

thanks guys!
    I use a relay that they use for remote car starters. they arnt expensive.
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

You will need an automotive relay which can handle 12v and is rated at about 15% over the max amount of amps you plan to pull with your generator.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Jaxom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by resago View Post
    I really think everyone should use a VOES(Vacuum Operated Electrical Switch)
    It will keep you from blowing the intake off your engine if you sit too long with the ignition on (listening to the radio) without the engine running.

you can get a VOES on ebay for about $30.
    its a motorcycle part.
    I disagree. Under hard accelleration, engine vacuum is very low. With a vac. operated switch, this would cause the electrolyzer to shut off right when you need it the most. I use the factory fuel pump relay to drive the relays that power my elexctrolyzer. That way HHO is only produced if the engine is running. Even if you have the key in the "run" position, if the PCM is not getting an RPM signal from the engine sensors, it will shut the fuel pump relay off after 3 seconds which will also shut down the electrolyzer. I fully believe this is the best way to go.

those VOES operate at as low as 3" of Hg
    In my camaro, I have about 20" at idle and maybe 5 or 6 at WOT.
    but thats just my car.

my diesel has its own vacuum pump that maintains 15" of Hg. so I will be using the VOES on it.
    1982 MB 300D Turbo Diesel 90%WVO/10%RUG + additives blend. $.50/gal
    don't know what MPG is, probly low 20s