Thread: 87 nissan pathfinder?

jcbarton Guest

87 nissan pathfinder?

I have an 87 nissan pathfinder. It does not have a MAP or MAF (I think anyway) but it is fuel injected. I have been told that I need a o2 sensor adjuster, similar to these MAP/MAF's but a little different. Or is it just the o2 sensor extender? Which do I need? thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jcbarton View Post
    I have an 87 nissan pathfinder. It does not have a MAP or MAF (I think anyway) but it is fuel injected. I have been told that I need a o2 sensor adjuster, similar to these MAP/MAF's but a little different. Or is it just the o2 sensor extender? Which do I need? thanks!
    I'm guessing your truck is a 3.0ltr v-6. It has a hot wire air flow meter. I'm a fan of o2 sensor enhancer(EFIE).

redneckgearhead34 Guest
    If you have the 2.4L I-4 like me we should exchange notes. I have been working pretty hard on my cell. It is about finished.

jcbarton Guest
    No sorry its the 3.0 V6

redneckgearhead34 Guest
    You may have a different motor but I believe we may have some of the same ECU components. Do you have an air tempurature sensor? If so I was thinking about finding a way to manipulate this sensor to hopefully lean out my fuel mixture once I install hy HHO device.

I also must say nissan motors are easy to work on and seem to be fairly easy to manipulate. If you want any help with something I have been working on my truck for the past 6 months.

redneckgearhead34 Guest
    I also forgot to mention that I have not tried o2 extenders yet. You may want to, I think they have some potential.

jcbarton Guest
    Thanks for the info. I will try the o2 extender first. I live outside of the US so its hard for me to get parts.