Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Does hho work?

DigitalMocking Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooterdog View Post
    Don't jump me, jump the professional who tested it.
    The professionals who tested it tested a device from a scam artist who runs a scam website. If you want to go yell at some people, head over to water4gas.com.

For the most part I'm pretty skeptical of a lot of the claims you see online, and even here, but threads by guys like painless, stu and smith lend more credibility to the entire process. Guys who are sharing their findings for free, not selling you anything, and reporting both sucesses and failures.

I don't think you can do much by just fiddling with the o2 sensors myself, I think you need real ECU programming ability to adjust your timing and change the fuel mixture. Fortunately I've got a 94 jetta, a vag-com cable and time on my hands. For me it's worthwhile to try because I do believe that adding the right amount of hydrogen to the FA mixture will change the burn properties.

frosty121 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by redneckgearhead34 View Post
    I vote for Frosty. I am a big fan of MIT btw. Hoping to go there next year, that is if I get accepted.

As for activity in this forum, mine will be temporarily decreasing. My parents saw my calculus grade They have banned me from my shop and working on HHO . But dont fear my friends I will be up and running next week. Grades come first
    redneckgearhead, Good luck with your pursuit of education excellence. The nice thing about having an REAL, advance technical degree is that you do not have to artificially inflate your intelligence by making outlandish claims. No cut intended to anyone that does not, as no degree makes that one person qualified as smarter than any other.

An old saying: If you cannot dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with BS.

precaster1@msn.com Guest
    Yo dog, it looks like you will believe anything but the truth. So the good doctor knows better than me the results i'm getting? what do doctors know about combustion anyway? He must be Exxon's company doctor. Ya thats it ,its gotta be. He should stick to his rectal exams and leave this to us pros.

Scooterdog Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hhoisascam View Post
    This whole site is BS, and everyone on it what says that HHO is anything other than a scam is trying to scam you too.
    Most making these claims are selling books and what not. If you go to Ford or Chevy forums, they are getting negative results, 0 at best.

Like I've said, anyone can take the million dollar challange, if you can make it work. That has yet to happen.

I've written several manufactures of these "sensor enhancers", most won't respond when questioned, and the ones that do you get nothing but smartass responses. Real professionals.

The above article refers to more than one expert. I find it odd that Popular Mech has tested this system on a dyno, and showed power loss, and a 50% decrease in mpg. You can't argue with the dyno. The above mentioned article (by consumer affairs, not the "Big Oil") has nothing to gain from telling the truth or lying about it.

Like I said before, who you going to listen to? Someone that will direct you where to buy stuff? Even if they aren't selling stuff, it is doing nothing more than getting people interested so they will invest their hard earned money into this.

This is where being educated comes into play. I know a guy who dropped out of the 8th grade, and he thinks he's and auto expert. (He's a truck driver!) Some of the "explanations" on here are so far fetched, they are funny to read.

As I said before, if I want to know how to become rich, do I talk to the steet begger? or the guy in the big house on the nice side of town?

Scientists say the idea is preposterous
    the "s" at the end tell us it's not one person.

"A normal everyday driver can't accurately measure the MPG of their car. Each tank of gas might vary the MPG by as much as 20%, based on the time of day, road conditions, etc.,
    This would explain the increase in mileage, would it not?

Dyno testing proves this, nobody here has posted dyno results.

Even with the most expensive and sophisticated energy recovery systems, such as on some diesel trucks, you will only see about a 5% increase in fuel mileage."

In fact, some Canadian truckers use hydrogen boosters, but they shell out up to $15,000 for the technology. In addition, the Canadian government performed scientific testing on the device and found that it reduced fuel consumption by only 4%.
    Thats called evidence.

Its not a scam, the science and the principals have all been proven time and again. This is fact. When relating the cost and savings with our fuel prices Dr.. Frank surely must have figured the cost of the Genny (build, install, maintane etc..) and then added that cost to the cost of fuel.

When you introduce any thing new to someone, they always approach it with a degree of sceptacism. Rightfully so. Not all of us are true suckers. Sometimes we are led to believe things not JUST because of what they percieve as fact, but also through other psychological interpretations.

Bottom line, there are always going to be those who firmly believe as well as disbelieve. The proof resides in getting your hands dirty, your information factual, and the willingness to explore more than just a few avenues.
    "You don't always have to know ALL the answers, but you do need to know where to find them."

Scooterdog Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by computerclinic View Post
    Its not a scam, the science and the principals have all been proven time and again. This is fact. When relating the cost and savings with our fuel prices Dr.. Frank surely must have figured the cost of the Genny (build, install, maintane etc..) and then added that cost to the cost of fuel.

When you introduce any thing new to someone, they always approach it with a degree of sceptacism. Rightfully so. Not all of us are true suckers. Sometimes we are led to believe things not JUST because of what they percieve as fact, but also through other psychological interpretations.

Bottom line, there are always going to be those who firmly believe as well as disbelieve. The proof resides in getting your hands dirty, your information factual, and the willingness to explore more than just a few avenues.
    WHAT SCIENTIFIC TESTING!!????? Back yard mechanics trying to sell "enhancers"?

Canadian government shows it just isn't so. Dr. Frank, clearly a well educated man, and several other professionals have all said it doesn't work, it won't work.

Consumer affairs tells us it's poppycock.

Take the million dollar challange. In other words, put up or shut up. Show us DYNO results, not someone who drove a mere 20 miles down hill.

[COLOR="Red"]All of these device/schemes seem to promote adding hydrogen to improve the combustion process. There is no way it can improve fuel economy by 50%, or even 5%," said Dr. Robert Sawyer, Professor of Energy Emeritus at the University of California, Berkeley [/COLOR]
    This stuff has been around forever and it's been researched to death. It's a simple electrolyzer that could quite possibly cause more energy to be used than if you didn't use the device. It's as 'scammish' as anything I have ever seen," Asmus said.

DigitalMocking Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hhoisascam View Post
    What is the difference between the ideas peddled on here and the books peddled by "Ozzie"? It is all unproven, all nonsence, all a scam.

You and every other person on here not saying HHO is a scam is a con artist, you are another "Ozzie", out to defraud anyone stupid enough to listen.
    Ozzie is a known scam artist, he's not trying to do any actual research, he's just trying to separate fools from their money. No one here is trying to sell any "e-books" or any shit like that, they give their information away for free trying to find the truth out. That's all I'm interested in.

RMForbes Guest

I think we are a bit more sophisticated

I totally agree the Water4Gas type sites are giving us all a bad name. They are promoting a poorly designed system with email blasts and MLM type promotional style. Anyone can see it's a scam. The real problem is if someone builds one of their style units and the thing blows up and kills or maims someone the government will have an excuse to shut us all down.
    I hope that most of us on this forum has progressed well past that level. If anyone here is still using glass jars, please stop. Producing an explosive gas in a glass jar is insanity.

Smith03Jetta Guest
    Scooter, I guess it just doesn't work. Quit, Go home... Give up. Work on solar or something... Stop wasting your time on something that OBVIOUSLY doesn't work... According to Canada!

HYDROTEKPRO Guest
    Earlier Quote:
    Ozzie is a known scam artist, he's not trying to do any actual research, he's just trying to separate fools from their money. No one here is trying to sell any "e-books" or any **** like that, they give their information away for free trying to find the truth out. That's all I'm interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by RMForbes View Post
    I totally agree the Water4Gas type sites are giving us all a bad name. They are promoting a poorly designed system with email blasts and MLM type promotional style. Anyone can see it's a scam. The real problem is if someone builds one of their style units and the thing blows up and kills or maims someone the government will have an excuse to shut us all down.
    I hope that most of us on this forum has progressed well past that level. If anyone here is still using glass jars, please stop. Producing an explosive gas in a glass jar is insanity.
    I have neighbors who are VERY happy with their Water4Gas design systems they made and installed themselves.

While I agree that superior and more sophisticated designs (like ours) work better, not everybody can afford the top dollar HHO systems.

Ozzie and his Water4Gas company are actually responsible for opening up this huge can of worms for our beloved Big Oil companies! They (and other companies like them) have broken the worldwide silence about HHO. They have now made so many million people aware of, and experimenting with HHO, it is almost mainstream already!

What if there were never any Water4Gas type companies? How many of us still wouldn't know? Would this forum even be here? If you posted some YouTube HHO videos and noticed an unmarked van or SUV parked across the street the next day, would you believe it was a coincidence?

We should all be thanking Ozzie and the Water4Gas type companies for having big enough balls to stand up front and speak out for everybody, and to fight back against economic oppression from Big Oil, or any other special interest monopoly.