Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Does hho work?

Scooterdog Guest

Does hho work?

Sure, it will work. But, the problem I see (I have a degree in Automotive Technology, 3 months from my Masters) is that 99.9% of the people making claims, are just clueless as to how things work.

Bullshit myths:

1. Engine has Vacuum.

2. Restricting air flow decreases o2.

3. An "Oxygen Sensor" detects oxygen

4. Leaning an engine by o2 sensor will do you good.(Not off idle it won't)

5. hooking up some handheld device to check mpg after screwing with the reading to the computer is PROOF that you are getting better mpg.(Dead f-n wrong! If you put fake info in, you get fake info back.)

Nobody seems to want to talk about such things as the VSS, CPS, and the like. Nobody address's how you will need to adjust your timing, which you won't be doing on an OBD II anytime soon.

I'm not saying hho is good or bad, I'm saying there are alot of piss ignorant people making outragouse claims, that are nothing more than bs.

If you have a little common sense, and some education, you just may get some results. Buying EFI'S (Whatever they call the poppycock) "O2 ENHANCERS" and what not is nothing but a waste of money. Snake oil and false hope.

Talk to someone who knows if you don't. Go talk to an Automotive engineer, someone who graduated from a reputable school. Don't waste your time looking shit up on the net, most of it is inaccurate and will just cause you wasted time and money, kinda like chasing the "rabbit down the hole", you better damn well know what else is down there before you stick you head in that hole.

Riddler250 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooterdog View Post

Nobody seems to want to talk about such things as the VSS, CPS, and the like. Nobody address's how you will need to adjust your timing, which you won't be doing on an OBD II anytime soon.
    Actually Scooterdog there is a thread on here discussing timing, Somewhere, i cant find it right now. As for the efie, the o2 sensor is one of the factors in how much fuel is delivered to the engine. You dont need to put false information in to figure mpg. so the efie or any other computer modification wont give you a false reading if you dont use the computer to figure mpg. just do simple math and figure how many miles were driven to how much fuel was consumed.

Scooterdog Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddler250 View Post
    Actually Scooterdog there is a thread on here discussing timing, Somewhere, i cant find it right now. As for the efie, the o2 sensor is one of the factors in how much fuel is delivered to the engine. You dont need to put false information in to figure mpg. so the efie or any other computer modification wont give you a false reading if you dont use the computer to figure mpg. just do simple math and figure how many miles were driven to how much fuel was consumed.
    Good luck adjusting it, and let me know when the engine shit's the bed.

Only at an idle my friend.

Now you're talking my kind of talk. Nevertheless, if you believe in poppycock long enough, it will become fact for you, but not everyone else.

I've seen no proof on any boards. Seen some claims that are just horseshit, that's about it.

Riddler250 Guest
    Good luck adjusting it, and let me know when the engine shit's the bed.

Only at an idle my friend.

Now you're talking my kind of talk. Nevertheless, if you believe in poppycock long enough, it will become fact for you, but not everyone else.

I've seen no proof on any boards. Seen some claims that are just horseshit, that's about it.
    What does the vehicle speed sensor have to do with it? I have never heard that issue addressed on this forum or any other forum. I am more than willing to listen to your suggestions. Instead of calling everything poppycock and throwing around a masters degree why dont you add to the discussions on how to make it better, thats what this site is about, If it was about being the biggest douche, Then you would get some kind of award, but its not,so you get nothing. I don't care if you have a masters degree in auto tech or are a short order cook. everyone on here seems to have seen proof of HHO efie's or o2/maf/map mods increasing mpg in some way (I agree 50% sounds like bs)

Scooterdog Guest
    What does the vehicle speed sensor have to do with it? I have never heard that issue addressed on this forum or any other forum. I am more than willing to listen to your suggestions. Instead of calling everything poppycock and throwing around a masters degree why dont you add to the discussions on how to make it better, thats what this site is about, If it was about being the biggest douche, Then you would get some kind of award, but its not,so you get nothing. I don't care if you have a masters degree in auto tech or are a short order cook. everyone on here seems to have seen proof of HHO efie's or o2/maf/map mods increasing mpg in some way (I agree 50% sounds like bs)
    There ya go. I already told you, so read slowly, unplug that VSS and see what happens. I don't care what you've done with the "o2 sensor", you are not making a difference off idle.

I've seen no proof whatsoever. If you can prove it, there is a group that will pay you a million bucks, even the great OZZY FREEDOM turned it down. Wonder why?

Sure, it will work. But, the problem I see (I have a degree in Automotive Technology, 3 months from my Masters) is that 99.9% of the people making claims, are just clueless as to how things work.

Bullshit myths:

1. Engine has Vacuum.

semantics, not even outerspace has a pure vacuum.

2. Restricting air flow decreases o2.

if the cylinder doesn't fill to normal volume under atmospheric pressure, everything is reduced. If I restrict your breathing to a straw, are you still getting the same amount of air?

3. An "Oxygen Sensor" detects oxygen

indirectly,yeah. close enough.

4. Leaning an engine by o2 sensor will do you good.(Not off idle it won't)

in what conditions and what are the desired results?

5. hooking up some handheld device to check mpg after screwing with the reading to the computer is PROOF that you are getting better mpg.(Dead f-n wrong! If you put fake info in, you get fake info back.)

If you monitor the injector rate and pressure vs the odometer, you get accurate MPG.

You don't believe the computer controls the timing?

I'm not saying hho is good or bad, I'm saying there are alot of piss ignorant people making outragouse claims, that are nothing more than bs.

talk about claims, you have yet to back up ANYTHING you said, weather accurate or inaccurate. did you take physics and chemistry at that trade school you went to?

If you have a little common sense, and some education, you just may get some results. Buying EFI'S (Whatever they call the poppycock) "O2 ENHANCERS" and what not is nothing but a waste of money. Snake oil and false hope.

proof? explaination in terms of physics, programming, electronics please!

Talk to someone who knows if you don't. Go talk to an Automotive engineer, someone who graduated from a reputable school.

you mean these trade schools that teach you the what but not the how and why?

Don't waste your time looking shit up on the net, most of it is inaccurate and will just cause you wasted time and money, kinda like chasing the "rabbit down the hole", you better damn well know what else is down there before you stick you head in that hole.

anything on the net can be verified. just because it is easily referenced does not mean its fooey.

If the air we breath had a higher O2 content, most scientist believe we would be larger and plants would be larger.
    1982 MB 300D Turbo Diesel 90%WVO/10%RUG + additives blend. $.50/gal
    don't know what MPG is, probly low 20s

Riddler250 Guest
    There ya go. I already told you, so read slowly, unplug that VSS and see what happens. I don't care what you've done with the "o2 sensor", you are not making a difference off idle.

I've seen no proof whatsoever. If you can prove it, there is a group that will pay you a million bucks, even the great OZZY FREEDOM turned it down. Wonder why?
    doesnt the speed sensor just tell the computer that its moving? without a smart ass answer i would like to know how it manipulates fuel consumption. or do you know?

Scooterdog Guest
    doesnt the speed sensor just tell the computer that its moving? without a smart ass answer i would like to know how it manipulates fuel consumption. or do you know?
    Without it, the vehicle thinks its at idle, not moving, no timing adjustment. You can drive it, but it will miss and drink gas like no tomarow. The o2 sensors don't do anything even though your pumping almost raw gas out the exhaust. Does this help you?

could you post a pseudo code equation for where the vss is used, along with the other sensor reading.

Ex. O2S + VSS - MAP = Inj Pulse width

etc..
    obviously, it will be referencing lookup tables as well.

VSS, vehicle speed would only be usefull to engage a govenor.

Engine Load, MAP/MAF, Temp, and O2 are much more useful.

VSS is dependant on what gear you are in.

explain EXACTLY how VSS is useful.

if you meant to say RPM, then that is different.