Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Does hho work?

Scooterdog Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by resago View Post
    VSS, vehicle speed would only be usefull to engage a govenor.

Engine Load, MAP/MAF, Temp, and O2 are much more useful.

VSS is dependant on what gear you are in.

explain EXACTLY how VSS is useful.

if you meant to say RPM, then that is different.
    You are wrong. The VSS tells the computer you are moving, without it, you are at a super rich mixture(idle) and your timing will not advance.

Don't believe me? go unplug it. It's a fact. None of the devices you mention will help you without it. The MAP/MAF, TEMP, AND O2 have nothing to do with timing. The o2 sensor will not compensate for the addtional hydrocarbons present.

scooterdog, are you insinuating that people on these or other boards are disconnecting the VSS? I haven't heard anyone even talk about it until this post. Also, if the O2 sensor doesn't have anything to do with gas used, then why did I get poor gas mileage when my 02 sensor went bad? As soon as I replaced it my gas mileage went back to normal (this was a few years ago).

Scooterdog Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmercal View Post
    scooterdog, are you insinuating that people on these or other boards are disconnecting the VSS? I haven't heard anyone even talk about it until this post. Also, if the O2 sensor doesn't have anything to do with gas used, then why did I get poor gas mileage when my 02 sensor went bad? As soon as I replaced it my gas mileage went back to normal (this was a few years ago).

I never insinuated anything. I've explained it more than once.

As for your o2 sensor going bad, sure your milage will go to shit. That's neither here nor there.

The o2 sensor is limitted in what it can do. You are missing the point. No matter what you do from an idle stand point, without a modification of several(you'll pay more to try to modify it than whats it worth) sensors, you will still get around the same milage.

The vehicle will still "know" when your tires begin to move and you are off idle to lean your mixture, or richen, depending on what is going on.

In other words, this scewball "enhancers" are useless. I don't care who says what, they aren't doing you any good.

Wanna prove me wrong? Take the million dollar challange. (Google it)

Lets break it down to the old vehicle. I hear these punks claiming "I get 6 million miles per gallon in my 1970 chevy truck", ya right. Ozzy claims you simply adjust your mixture screws. What a dumb ass! Those are IDLE mixture screws. You would have to rejet your carb, and you would burn valves out left and right by doing so.

If you get off the hho forums(not just this one, all of them) go to a real auto forum, they have proven just how f-ed up all these poppycock ideas are. You only hear these great claims on these forums. In the real forums, it has never worked, and a few have even tried all the bs.

Of course, most of us on the other forums for technicians have actually gone to school and know how outragouse these claims are. Nobody's taken the million dollars yet, and they won't comming from these forums.

As the saying goes: "Money talks, and bullshit walks".

There was a guy in this forum, trying to compair todays engines with the space shuttle! How f-ed up is that? Not even remotely close to each other.

If you want to make this work, go to a forum where there are engineers, and ask, then LISTEN to what they are telling you. You may or maynot come up with something. Just randomly following someone who has nothing to lose if you screw up your engine, is, well, just sad.

TBill Guest
    You sure don't sound like you think it can work.

Scooterdog Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TBill View Post
    You sure don't sound like you think it can work.
    TBill:

I'm not saying it can not work. What I'm saying, is there are people who need to be charged for the crime of fruad selling bunk junk, when they have no clue as to how something works.

I'm saying, a few mods to sensors that only play a small, limitted role is not the answer, and when brought to someone attention, they get all bent out of shape.

This iis off subject, but the theory's are the same. I have two law degrees as well, and go to "laymen" sites. They sell all sorts of poppycock books on how to cheat the IRS to "gods law is the only law". They are dead wrong on every subject, but people buy this bunk, in hopes of making improvements in thier daily lives. What usually happens, is they end up in jail, stiff fines, or lose thier homes. Again, these are people making claims about things they know nothing about.

Can it work? Sure, will it make you double your milage, no way in hell. Never gonna happen.

TBill, if you want, you can pm me, and I will find you a forum or two with people who have engineering degrees, and you can talk to them. Why ask the street begger how to make money? I'm going to the man with the money who can prove it. Most Technicians are more than happy to help, it's not like we keep the auto industry in the closet. (Uncle joe who works at the local tire station isn't a technician)

Talk to the people who know, and they will help.

Scooterdog Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by resago View Post
    anything on the net can be verified. just because it is easily referenced does not mean its fooey.

If the air we breath had a higher O2 content, most scientist believe we would be larger and plants would be larger.
    Well, I don't think most scientist "believe" that, they know it be true by facts. Plants wouldn't be bigger, plants uptake CO2, and produce O2. Todays beetles have a restricted air way, the million year old ones didn't, and were 10x bigger.

This has little to do with the fake "gas" you buy at the pump. I'm sure you've heard of the carb. that gets 100 miles per gallon. I doubt it ever did. nevertheless, if used today, it wouldn't do jack diddly for the simple fact, we are not using the same gas we did 60 years ago.

In Romania, they have designed a new "gas" that extends engine life by 2x, and increases mpg by that at a min. They pay less than a dollar per gallon.

Gas is your biggest problem in Amerika (yep with a "k"). You will never get the results of doubling your milage as some people are claiming.

sumdude Guest
    not getting in on this argument because i have heard it a million times before but i just thought this here would be fun to watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8EEXeiiCZ0

also

the question that i would ask is in the case of guys like smith;
    " 04 VW Touareg V6, 6 speed automatic - 7 mpg increase. 35% increase so far. Still testing. Confused a latest results. No ECU Mods. No extras..." with no mods and in the video above how is this possible, and thats a real question not trying to prove anything?

TBill Guest
    If your concern is over those trying to make money, I would think your time is better spent sharing your information with some oversight agency (Better Business Bureau)?

If your concern is with the level of expertise on this forum or those like it, frankly what would you expect in an open forum environment? (You are going to have all levels)

If you have discovered HHO topics in forums and discussion boards that come from a different pov such as mechanics, engineers, etc. I would suspect you should share them here because everyone I've seen here - for the most part - just want to learn and share.

Just my $.02

Scooterdog

OK mate, you came here hooting and hollering, pounding your chest about your degree put up or bugger off. Were all here to learn from each other and make up our own minds about what will work and what won't for us. If your so book learned why don't you explain to us how the sensors interact with eachother and how we can make adjustments to get better mpg. Myself, I'd like to learn how to retard the timming on my 2000 GMC Serria 5.3L pickup. To me, the factory ignition timming is to advanced for the quick burn of HHO. I've seen my ign timming as far advanced as 53 deg. Thats way to advanced for the improved power stroke with HHO.

So,what do ya say, ya gona help us or just put down everything that's said here. If your smart and educated you could be a mentor first class here.

Riddler250 Guest
    Scooter,
    I see why you are skeptical. I was too. especially by the claims that say 50% or better mpg. Those are the same guys that sell their magic boosters, All my schematics were free from other sites with nothing to gain and from this site, again with nothing to gain but information to share, thats what this is all about, and thats what this site seems to be all about, I havnt seen too many people on here just trying to sell their "poppycock bs". I see people on here sharing information and knowledge for free, just because. there are enginers on here, as well as mechanics or automotive tecs. I am an electronic tech and work closely with master mechanics and auto techs on a daily basis. If i remember right, the million dollar challenge was for an over-unity device (creates more energy than consumed) HHo is not making that claim. We are simply taking wasted energy or energy that is already being created and using it. not over-unity, not free energy.