Thread: Bigapple Experiment in HHO

bigapple Guest

Bigapple Experiment in HHO

I have been completely baffled as to why I can't seem to see any difference at all. I'm not using any electronic enhancers (MAP sensor, EFIE, etc) but the fact that I get zero change all the time just makes me want to go crazy. I have a 2002 Ford Explorer with the 4.0L V6 and just can't seem to get anything to work.

I recently T-ed off to the vacuum line to where it was getting suction from vacuum, and get suction from the intake tube during acceleration. Since I had less vacuum, my idle was up considerably (between 800-1200 RPM in neutral or park versus 600-900 with vacuum untouched). I dropped from 13.7 MPG to 10 which didn't surprise me but it doesn't seem like anything is working at all. I've tried running to the intake tube alone for so long and haven't seen any progress really.

Anyone with a Ford that can lend advice, please do. I've seen people on here with Rangers that are newer than mine or close to my year model that probably use the same electronic emissions and intake devices. I've seen a few other Ford owners on here get gains without any other modifications. I just can't seem to get it. I'm very educated in electrolysis and I know pretty much all the basics plus more, but I just can't seem to make it work for my car. This is about my 6th month experimenting with hydroxy and I've come too far to give up.

Currently running a 1 gallon Lexan generator with 2 sets of +NN--NN+ making around .75-1 lpm. Any advice welcome (that includes criticism).

sound like ur on track.
    I have the same problem, with 1 mpg worse and above 700 ml/m but lots of more power.

my brother has been making his own HHO gens and he make only 300 - 400 ml/m
    and he's getting better milage, so i figure mine is putting out too much and the O2 sensor is adjusting it to run richer, so i plan to run less amp to slow production until i get or build a map enhancer.

My theory is that its producing to much and computer compensating, so run less. At least it's something to try.
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

bigapple Guest
    I've considered disconnecting my first 2 O2 sensors before the cats to see if it'll run the computer at a default setting. I don't know if it will help or make it worse, but I guess I'll give it a shot since I'm running out of ideas. I figure my engine probably needs a good bit of hydroxy since I have a pretty big engine.

Trial and Error continues...