Thread: Is EFIE neccessary for an obd1?

pj91gsx Guest

Is EFIE neccessary for an obd1?

One guy told me that the EFIE may not be neccesary for obd1 but is for obd2. Mine has one o2 sensor. Also, will potash have harmful effects on my motor, do I need a filter, i have a bubbler.

if u have a O2 sensor that u can use a Efie, or a map enhancer. and the bubbler should be enough. i hope potash is ok there's enough peops using it.
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

pj91gsx Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mytoyotasucks View Post
    if u have a O2 sensor that u can use a Efie, or a map enhancer. and the bubbler should be enough. i hope potash is ok there's enough peops using it.
    ok. im going to mix some potash and water and see what it does to aluminum and metal too. i heard potash and gasoline was highly flamable.

Quote Originally Posted by pj91gsx View Post
    ok. im going to mix some potash and water and see what it does to aluminum and metal too. i heard potash and gasoline was highly flamable.
    Potash and water will deteriorate aluminum just like Sodium Hydroxide will.

Basically, water wants to react with aluminum to produce hydrogen, however, on it's own the reaction doesn't go very far as the released oxygen forms a barrier on the aluminum's surface preventing further reaction. Any strong base, such as KOH or NaOH in the water will prevent the oxidisation of the aluminum and allow the reaction to continue, eating away at the aluminum and producing hydrogen and other nasty gases.

One tell tale sign of KOH or NaOH in your water vapour with the HHO is the white mist you see.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

pj91gsx Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    Potash and water will deteriorate aluminum just like Sodium Hydroxide will.

Basically, water wants to react with aluminum to produce hydrogen, however, on it's own the reaction doesn't go very far as the released oxygen forms a barrier on the aluminum's surface preventing further reaction. Any strong base, such as KOH or NaOH in the water will prevent the oxidisation of the aluminum and allow the reaction to continue, eating away at the aluminum and producing hydrogen and other nasty gases.

One tell tale sign of KOH or NaOH in your water vapour with the HHO is the white mist you see.
    so, should I use a filter or just a bubbler? Should I try the bubbler first and monitor to see if there is white mist?

Quote Originally Posted by pj91gsx View Post
    so, should I use a filter or just a bubbler? Should I try the bubbler first and monitor to see if there is white mist?
    I found that a bubbler filled with distilled white vinegar does a good job of canceling out the KOH.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

pj91gsx Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    I found that a bubbler filled with distilled white vinegar does a good job of canceling out the KOH.
    ok. ill try that.

Wow thats a good idea. I'm about to do that.
    1995 Chevy Camaro
    17 MPG base city/highway
    Listening to Van Halen

pj91gsx Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by VanHalen View Post
    Wow thats a good idea. I'm about to do that.
    I hope its not the smelly stuff though.

Im wondering how much richer will the motor run with the booster. I have a wideband to monitor, but I havent installed it yet. Im thinking of just getting one anyway, I dont want to take any chances, if its running too rich it will wash down the cylinders and that will not be good for the compression.