Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need Help Low LPM

NFryan Guest

Need Help Low LPM

Okayyyy after not have much results from my generator by way of MPG gains. I decieded to check how many LPM my unit is making (as per the advice given on here) It turns out im only making rounghly .25 LPM right now! I have a 7 plate smack booster style generator i think you guys call it? Its a water filter housing. I am running 2 tsp of baking soda to a gallon of water. I will be switching to lye soon i know baking soda is bad.. But upon seeing my low production now.. what can i do to boost it. The only thing i have not doe is check my amp draw. I need to get a multi meter...

Can anyone give me advice on getting this thing up and running better?

If you can provide some more information about your setup, pictures if you have them, we should definitely be able to help.

Specifically:

1) What is your wiring configuration? i.e. How many neutrals, negatives, positives and how are they connected and in what order.

2) What are you using as your plate gap, how big is the gap?

3) Any other information you can provide about the construction, a photo speaks a thousand words, would be useful.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

NFryan Guest
    I will take a pictue and post it in 20 min or so.. I am very new to this and it is a kit i bought off ebay ( I hate to say) But i had to jump in sometime .. I believe it is 7 plates they are wall outlet stainless plates.. the water housing itself holds about 1/2 - 3/4 gallon of distilled... Pleased hold i will brb with a pic of the internals.

also add how many amps it is drawing, how u have the wires running for ground and power.
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

NFryan Guest
    Well here ya go

the plates look ok, not sure y the one has a bigger gap, but should hurt it much.
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

OK, from the pictures it looks like you are running -NN+NN-, this is the first big source of your problem. You're dividing 12 or more volts between 3 cells, 4+v per cell. This is wasting power and causing heat instead of production.

The first change you should make is to remove the positive feed from the middle and place it in place of the negative feed at one of the ends (discard the negative you replace). This will results in -NNNNN+ which will give you a more efficient system.

From your photo with the measure it looks like you have a 4/16" gap? This is big, it will produce but you will need a lot more catalyst. I would recommend reducing the gap to about 2/16" if you can. Remove the spacers between each plate (nylon nuts?) and replace them with something thinner, a nylon washer should work very well. Also, the strap of a cable tie will work well too, just make sure that the gap is consistent all along between the plates.

Start with these things and let us know the results, then we'll move on from there.

Good luck!

Russ.

NFryan Guest
    okay i will do it today.. How much more efficent will it get tho with this change? enough to bump it up from a crippled .25 LPM.. Im going to get to work

You should see an improvement, how much depends on a lot of factors. One step at a time is the best way to approach this.

NFryan Guest
    Thank you very much i just reassembled as you suggested and im going to test it now