Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Need Help Low LPM

NFryan Guest
    Well i reassembles and put the plates like you said . Now i turn i on and have next to no production... I had it on for 15 minutes and all i had was a few small bubbles... now im really at a loss

NFryan Guest
    Its just confusing now beacuse i used to get bubbles right away,.. Does it have anything to do with using new water in the unit.? Did it have to run longer?

What are you using as your power source?
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

NFryan Guest
    I have it wired to a 30 amp relay. + connects to relay - to the neg on the batter.. the relay is grounded and has a switch running to it.. So 12v power source.. I didnt have any vinegar to let the plates soak in... and i just refilled the unit.... 2tsp bakin soda to 1 gal water... Will production pickup to a normal pace after an hour or so? Man this stuff is frustrating,...

I would pull the plates out again and double-check for any shorts / bad connections. That setup should produce very well.

Also, try adding more baking soda and see if production eventually starts.

I would also add that I'm not familiar with baking soda as an electrolyte but that your previous config, although inefficient, would have started producing at a lower concentration of catalyst due to the higher voltage.

Add baking soda 1 tsp at a time and see if production starts, I would expect just a tsp or 2 of KOH to produce but I think the soda is a lot weaker.

donnylynn Guest

Nfryan

I started out with a similar set as you and using baking soda. My plates were 2.5 x 6 inches, 316 stainless. My setup was +nnnnn-nnnnn+
    Your last setup appears to be +nnnnn-.
    This link shows the production I achieved using baking soda. The teaspoons of baking soda were for my generator which held about 2 quarts of distilled water. The time shown is minutes:seconds to fill a 500ml bottle with gas.
    http://www.hhoforums.com/attachment....1&d=1222223210
    I have also noticed that production with this setup is highly dependent on the voltage applied to the cell and to the termperature as you can see from the data.
    When I switched to Lye (NaOH) my production approximately doubled.

Also y cell used acrylic to seal the edges of the plates, as you can see from my avatar or at the link in my signature. This prevents leakage currents. You can do a search of this site for wrapping the cell or the "mummy cell" link (I think). to see what they did using switchplates.

Hope this helps.

NFryan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by donnylynn View Post
    I started out with a similar set as you and using baking soda. My plates were 2.5 x 6 inches, 316 stainless. My setup was +nnnnn-nnnnn+
    Your last setup appears to be +nnnnn-.
    This link shows the production I achieved using baking soda. The teaspoons of baking soda were for my generator which held about 2 quarts of distilled water. The time shown is minutes:seconds to fill a 500ml bottle with gas.
    http://www.hhoforums.com/attachment....1&d=1222223210
    I have also noticed that production with this setup is highly dependent on the voltage applied to the cell and to the termperature as you can see from the data.
    When I switched to Lye (NaOH) my production approximately doubled.

Also y cell used acrylic to seal the edges of the plates, as you can see from my avatar or at the link in my signature. This prevents leakage currents. You can do a search of this site for wrapping the cell or the "mummy cell" link (I think). to see what they did using switchplates.

Hope this helps.
    I went back threw checked all my connectons started with a new batch of water and baking soda ... Now i am making no gas what so ever.... the water does not even get warm after 15 minutes. Idk wtf happend or whats going on. It used to start to bubble within seconds now i have nothing

NFryan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    I would also add that I'm not familiar with baking soda as an electrolyte but that your previous config, although inefficient, would have started producing at a lower concentration of catalyst due to the higher voltage.

Add baking soda 1 tsp at a time and see if production starts, I would expect just a tsp or 2 of KOH to produce but I think the soda is a lot weaker.

I was producing 250 L a min on 2 tsp per gallon. Now i filled the unit with the same water i had in the gallon.. and added another tsp to the unit.. I can see the water moving around and it becomes hazy. But no bubbling or fizzing. due to the plate reconfig do i need more soda... How long should it take for the water to heat up and electrolysis to being?

Quote Originally Posted by NFryan View Post
    I went back threw checked all my connectons started with a new batch of water and baking soda ... Now i am making no gas what so ever.... the water does not even get warm after 15 minutes. Idk wtf happend or whats going on. It used to start to bubble within seconds now i have nothing

try a new batch again, just use water to start and add baking soda(small amounts) at a time.

i think ur tripping ur 30 amp relay, and getting near no power.
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.