Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Need Help Low LPM

NFryan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mytoyotasucks View Post
    try a new batch again, just use water to start and add baking soda(small amounts) at a time.

i think ur tripping ur 30 amp relay, and getting near no power.

so is it safe to add baking soda with this unit open? how much would you expect it to take before i see some bubbling? Also i thought if i tripped the breaker i wouldnt be getting any power? Also as im adding baking soda when should i stop?

I would be surprised if that config could pull 30 amps, based on my own experiments. I think that the issue is that we still have a widish gap and need a stronger electrolyte to conduct current. Again, this is based on my own findings with similar configs and switch plate covers.

If you were pulling 30 amps or more then heat would be very apparent. strengthen up the baking soda a teaspoon at a time, it may take a fair amount of soda but I am sure you will see production as long as your connections are good.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Quote Originally Posted by NFryan View Post
    I was producing 250 L a min on 2 tsp per gallon. Now i filled the unit with the same water i had in the gallon.. and added another tsp to the unit.. I can see the water moving around and it becomes hazy. But no bubbling or fizzing. due to the plate reconfig do i need more soda... How long should it take for the water to heat up and electrolysis to being?
    hazy is not always bad

and electolysis should start right away.

dont go by what was working before, always start with almost no catalyst and go from there, most plate configurations work differently.

thats y people get different output.
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

so is it safe to add baking soda with this unit open? how much would you expect it to take before i see some bubbling? Also i thought if i tripped the breaker i wouldnt be getting any power? Also as im adding baking soda when should i stop?
    adding baking soda as u go is ok, who else do u know how much u need.

and the best way to see whats happening is to have an amp meter so u know how much ur drawing.

and i dont try to go over 25 amps.
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

NFryan Guest

ok

well i added baking soda a tsp at a time till i saw what looked like something was happening.. The problem is it was around 11 tsp.. So yea im wayyyyyy off. It was producing ALOT of gas and my 30 amp relay didnt blow so IdK.. My amp meter i borrowed is acting up i guess becasue its saying im drawing no amps... the unit is a little was the wires outside are not at all. It looks like with tthat much in there it trippled gas production. Guess ill start over again tomorrw

This confirms that plate gap is still your problem, my suggestion is to find a way of bringing your gap down to about 0.040" or thereabouts. I used to use the strap of a zip tie between the plates and put a nylon bolt through to hold it together.

Higher gaps need a more conductive electrolyte to produce.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

NFryan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    This confirms that plate gap is still your problem, my suggestion is to find a way of bringing your gap down to about 0.040" or thereabouts. I used to use the strap of a zip tie between the plates and put a nylon bolt through to hold it together.

Higher gaps need a more conductive electrolyte to produce.
    In the mean time is that much electrolyte a huge issue? Like can i still run it safely

donnylynn Guest
    NFryan
    I noticed you said you were using a battery as your power source. As the battery discharges and the voltage changes, your production rate will change with this configuration. Al least that is my experience. for example, I am using a heavy duty battery charger for my power source. At the lowest range it puts out 11.5 volts and it took me 5 minutes 45 seconds to fill a half liter bottle. Kicking the range up to 12.95 volts, it took 2 1/2 minutes and on the high range, 14.1 volts it too a minute and a half. Everything was held constant in these comparisons including temperature and NaOH was my electrolyte. Remember I said earlier that for me, baking soda worked only half as well so it sounds like your results are comparable to mine.

NFryan Guest
    Thanks to everyone for your help today. I believe i got a better understanding and thats what this place is for. Im going to pick up lye tomorrow and an mutli meter that works. I will mess with it more.. Im hoping now i will finally see some noticablw gains mixed with my o2 spaces and maf efie... i will keep everyone posted..

Thanks to everyone for your help today. I believe i got a better understanding and thats what this place is for. Im going to pick up lye tomorrow and an mutli meter that works. I will mess with it more.. Im hoping now i will finally see some noticablw gains mixed with my o2 spaces and maf efie... i will keep everyone posted..
    instead of a cheap meter, pick up an aftermarket amp meter for a car, there cheaper and can handle more amps.
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)