Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: winter is coming

The cheapest and easiest solutions I found ...

use straight windshield washer fluid for the bubbler.

For the cell two options:

Use a high concentration of electrolyte (down fall you have to change the bubbler water more often)

Get a cheap 10-20 dollar underwater aquarium heater, build into tank, and plug in at night. (works great uses very little power but forget to plug it in and your screwed)

I plan to winter use my hho system and to regulate curren trow a digital constant current pwm.

To maintain water in liquid form on cold days the electrolyt needs to contine 14% naho of water weight to maintain water liquid dowm to -4 F / -20 C

20% should hold it liquid down to -22 F / -30 C

My question:

To protect my engine form electrlyte steam, Do 2 bubblers in series filled whit alcohol bases liquid
    (whit a special filter in the bottom thats brakes the bubbles to mirco bubbles)

and one microfilter/flashback protector dry out the hhogas enough?

My dry cell is a 5N x 6 stacks in series and I plan to feed it whit 10-20amps, so the temp should not be warmer that 105-122 F on longer runs.

I have also a pump (1gmp) that helps to cool the elektrlyte.

And the gas do bubbel trow the water resivoar also before it leds in to the bubblers.

If I put the gas trow a nozzel and light it up, and the color is white/blue whitout yellowish... is the gas dry enough? (have not test it yet)

IF Im burning naho what color will that show?

thanks guys

I would think just some plain ole auto antifreeze in the bubbler would be fine.
    1991 Plymouth Acclaim 3L V6.
    1 dry cells with nineteen 6"x8" 316L ss plates, driven by constant current PWM set at 35 amps (13.3V at PWM). 28% KOH electrolyte. Total measured output 2.5 lpm. Mileage went from 18 to 26 mpg, all city driving (44% increase). EFIE set at .370 and I still need to play with ignition timing.

The liquid in bubblers I´m not worried abote..

how abote the high concentrate of naho in the drycell maby up to 14-20% (to protect the aluminium inside my engine)

Do you think my system will provent that naho steam stays in the bubblers ?

or do you think I must ad some more filteration after 2 bubblers ?

Don't know about NaOH, put Larry told me once that he left an open container of 28% KOH outside all winter in Anchorage and it never even showed signs of crystallizing, let alone freezing solid.
    1 dry cells with nineteen 6"x8" 316L ss plates, driven by constant current PWM set at 35 amps (13.3V at PWM). 28% KOH electrolyte. Total measured output 2.5 lpm. Mileage went from 18 to 26 mpg, all city driving (44% increase). EFIE set at .370 and I still need to play with ignition timing.

I know all abote that..

But, is 2 bubblers enough to prevent water steam/electrlyte steam in to the engine?

Does 2 bubblers dry out the hhogas enough?

Sorry my gramma is bad..

2 well designed bubblers is plenty to remove the electrolyte and any true steam that might be present. However, since the bubbles are passing through water, I can't say the gas would be "dry". All visible signs of water vapor will be removed but the humidity of the gas is likely high.

Yes, understand.. my drycell is 5N whit 2,7v per cell so small amount moist will still by there. I think small amount of moist is only good for the combustion, water injection effect..

Main thing is to leave most of the naho in the bubbler.. I´m going to do a burn test and study the color of the flame..

Do anybody know the color of the flame if am burning naho?

I guess for winter use I have the alt. to mix less naho and mix in alcohol to the electrolyte.. ethanol, isopropanol base alcohol, correct ?

Try Vinegar in the bubblier,it will wash any acid that leaks by. If your making steam your running your cell to hot. Turn your amps down,steam is not HHO.
    Good Luck

thats right abe58, cell is running actually fairly cool it´s a big 32 plate, and I feed it whit only 10-15amps. Just want to be sure that most of the NaHo stays in the bubblers..

Yes, I have read abote Vinegar in the dryers/bubblers but to winter use whit subzero temp it´s going to freeze..

curious,do there exist eny other acid that do subzero temps?

I´m planing to fill my 2 dryers whit a mix of ethanol and isoprapanol