Thread: Amoeba video update - Homemade power supply

Question Amoeba video update - Homemade power supply

The pumping action bothers me.

Suggestions?

BoyntonStu

Stu,

I've seen this emptying and filling phenomenon before, basically, what is happening is that gas pressure is building up but is not under enough pressure to escape all the way up the outlet hose, therefore, it pushes the electrolyte back up the fill tube.

One thing that causes this is hose runs that aren't straight, I've corrected this before by making the delivery a straight run down the the input barb, don't let it dip down below the barb level then loop back up again (as it does in the video). Do the same with the return hose, make it as direct a run as you can up to the jar. Having your return on the top of the jar might be part of the problem due to the loop over the top, placing the return on the side should help here.

I know it all sounds trivial, but in my experience it has helped.

Russ.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Smile Pumping eliminated

Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    Stu,

I've seen this emptying and filling phenomenon before, basically, what is happening is that gas pressure is building up but is not under enough pressure to escape all the way up the outlet hose, therefore, it pushes the electrolyte back up the fill tube.

One thing that causes this is hose runs that aren't straight, I've corrected this before by making the delivery a straight run down the the input barb, don't let it dip down below the barb level then loop back up again (as it does in the video). Do the same with the return hose, make it as direct a run as you can up to the jar. Having your return on the top of the jar might be part of the problem due to the loop over the top, placing the return on the side should help here.

I know it all sounds trivial, but in my experience it has helped.

Russ.
    Russ,

Thanks.

I added water, the height of the electrolyte in the reservoir increased, electrolyte was diluted, the Amps settled down to 10.7 and held steady.

She pumped out gas and the inlet line was perfectly clear.

Either the gas output was too great for the 1/4" or the electrolyte level/pressure was too low.

More experiments to come.

BTW The next design is going to be quite unusual.

BoyntonStu

redneckgearhead34 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyntonStu View Post
    Russ,

BTW The next design is going to be quite unusual.

BoyntonStu
    I cant wait to see what it is!!