Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air/fuel Gauge

SpecHunter Guest

Air/fuel Gauge

I just ordered an air/fuel gauge that will be in Monday. From what I`ve seen... this thing is a must. It gives realtime feedback and will eliminate alot of guesswork for 02 sensor tuning.

where did you get yours

SpecHunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Boltazar View Post
    where did you get yours
    I ordered mine from Oreilly`s auto parts... Autozone should have them .... napa too. mine was 54 bux . just google " air fuel gauges

JonDoh Guest
    just bought mine from Advance Auto $32 tax included.... ebay's got 'em for bout $25 shipped...

I saw a schematic to build one of these from somewhere but can't remember...... Anybody know where's a diagram for one??/

SpecHunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JonDoh View Post
    just bought mine from Advance Auto $32 tax included.... ebay's got 'em for bout $25 shipped...

I saw a schematic to build one of these from somewhere but can't remember...... Anybody know where's a diagram for one??/
    the one I got is a dual. It reads 2 sensors at once. I suppose you could use it to display your signal pre-modified and then modified simultaneously.

I have a schematics and the page from internet to build one of this little gadgets.

http://www.dbbp.com/
    1995 Dodge Ram 2500 extended cab.
    V8 5.9L 360
    16 Plates Dry Cell
    MAP and EFIE mods.

Wyrd_1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JonDoh View Post
    Hi there, i build one its really simple
    Here:http://www.scirocco.org/tech/misc/afgauge/af.html howto.

A single one will cost about 14 euro a double 20
    Real easy to make.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecHunter View Post
    I just ordered an air/fuel gauge that will be in Monday. From what I`ve seen... this thing is a must. It gives realtime feedback and will eliminate alot of guesswork for 02 sensor tuning.

Hmmm...I think a wideband air/fuel ratio gauge is much better...I got one for performance reasons but it is 100000 times better than a regular narrow band a/f gauge! The main reason is because a narrowband will only give you info about a stock A/F mix whereas a wideband will give you info on a much broader "modified" a/f ratio mix...such as either too rich or too lean.

Quote Originally Posted by mobman View Post
    Hmmm...I think a wideband air/fuel ratio gauge is much better...I got one for performance reasons but it is 100000 times better than a regular narrow band a/f gauge! The main reason is because a narrowband will only give you info about a stock A/F mix whereas a wideband will give you info on a much broader "modified" a/f ratio mix...such as either too rich or too lean.
    Agreed, there is no point in having an AFR gauge unless you have a wideband gauge WITH a wideband 02 sensor. A narrowband gauge with narrowband 02 sensor is useless. A wideband gauge with narrowband 02 senosor will only tell you if you're rich or lean, where as a wideband gauge with a wideband 02 sensor will give you an actual AFR.

Are these air/fuel gauges reliable once hho is in the mix? I thought the presence of hho and the more efficient burn confuses the o2 sensor. If the o2 sensor is giving false readings, won't the gauge also?

Then if you manipulate the o2 further with an EFIE....