Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Worst mileage with hho '92 240sx 2.4L

Quote Originally Posted by gizzy View Post
    I bought and installed two different units. And so far my best result is an extender for the O2 sensor. I really opened a can of worms when I installed my control box. It was for both the O2 and MAF or MAP controller. I have a 03 blazer 4.3. Anyhow it loaded up with carbon so badf I had to scrub my garage floor and the frame of the garage door. It was unreal how much it shot out. I'm sure you know what i ended up doing after that. I did'nt throw it away though. What a bummer. I'm sure if I was more electronically inclined this wouldn't of happened. Otherwise I'm very happy so far the way it is.
    Lots of carbon came out of my engine when I first hooked everything up. It is not the leaning out of your engine that causes the problem. It is the steam from combusting the HHO cleaning old carbon out of the engine that has built up over the years. Getting the carbon out is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by H2OPWR View Post
    Lots of carbon came out of my engine when I first hooked everything up. It is not the leaning out of your engine that causes the problem. It is the steam from combusting the HHO cleaning old carbon out of the engine that has built up over the years. Getting the carbon out is a good thing.
    Anyhow, do you think I should re-install it?

Anyhow, do you think I should re-install it?
    Yes but this time start with just the O2 efie and start with 200mv(.2v)and slowly bring it up a little a at time driving a day or so between tweaks.If you see the mpg gains you want without setting any codes I'd leave it there.The map en. is more adpt to set codes than the O2 efie,but every vehicle different so if you're not satisfied with your results using O2 efie then install the map en. and lower the voltage on the O2 efie and start over with the tuning process with small tweaks on both with a day or so driving between them.

Quote Originally Posted by hg2 View Post
    Yes but this time start with just the O2 efie and start with 200mv(.2v)and slowly bring it up a little a at time driving a day or so between tweaks.If you see the mpg gains you want without setting any codes I'd leave it there.The map en. is more adpt to set codes than the O2 efie,but every vehicle different so if you're not satisfied with your results using O2 efie then install the map en. and lower the voltage on the O2 efie and start over with the tuning process with small tweaks on both with a day or so driving between them.
    I'm mot electronic savy but, do you check the voltage on my o2 senor between the O2 senor and the computer?

I'm mot electronic savy but, do you check the voltage on my o2 senor between the O2 senor and the computer?
    Check each wire to see which is the signal wire(the one that fluxuates between 0 and 1 vdc).Do this with the black probe on your meter on a good ground and the red to the wires on the o2.Once you've located the signal wire it per the instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by hg2 View Post
    Check each wire to see which is the signal wire(the one that fluxuates between 0 and 1 vdc).Do this with the black probe on your meter on a good ground and the red to the wires on the o2.Once you've located the signal wire it per the instructions.
    Ok thanks. soon as I do this I'll write you back and let you know if it worked for me.