Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Powering A Home

dennis13030 Guest

Powering A Home

I have an idea to power a home with HHO.

The main components are 1) a Gas/Propane Generator to make electrical power, 2) a HHO electrolyzer(optimized of 120VAC input) and 3) a fuel switch.

The sequence is a) use gas/propane to start the generator, the AC output powers the HHO electrolyzer and produces HHO, b) switch the fuel for the generator from gas/propane to HHO.

The remaining balance of AC power is available for a Home.

timetowinarace Guest
    The idea is simple and I like simple.

The problem I see is that gas/propane do not burn at the same rate as hho therefore spark timing and possibly/probably valve timing will need to be changed on that single generator. Not simple anymore.

An alternative would be to have a small storage container to store enough HHO to start the generator and run it untill hho production raised enough to sustain it.

Or use two generators. one conventional to start the process, the another to run on hho and then switch between the two.

Just a thought.

dennis13030 Guest
    The ignition timing for using HHO on a standard 4-stroke engine has me concerned as well. As I posted before, for a standard 4-stroke engine the ignition time(and maybe valve timing) may have to be changed. If HHO implodes, then it makes sense to fire the HHO when the cyclinder is largest(NOT COMPRESSED). The vacuum would be pulling the vehicle.

dennis13030 Guest
    Ignoring the valves for now, the timing would go from near "Top Dead Center" to "Bottom Dead Center".

I like your idea, but perpetual motion is not possible. In theory, we can not create energy, we just change it from one form to another. I suppose if you had an incredibly efficient generator then it could possibly work. Most internal combustion engines are about 35% efficient. What that means is your asking the generator to be able to make enough HHO to power itself and what ever you decide to run in you home with only 35% efficiency. Also I believe the normal HHO generator is about 60% efficient. That means that between the two items your loosing over half of the energy it takes to make them work. It could work if you had a second source of fuel for the generator and only used the HHO as a suppliment. I may be wrong about all of this though.
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

dennis13030 Guest
    Lets say that I use a 5kW propane generator. I don't know how much HHO gas is required to make it run constantly but if I make an electrolyzer that runs on 120VAC that will produce enough HHO gas to do this and requires less than 1kW(less than 5kW) to do this, then it should work. 1kW(2 kW tops) seems like it would be plenty juice to produce lots of HHO gas.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by dennis13030 View Post
    Lets say that I use a 5kW propane generator. I don't know how much HHO gas is required to make it run constantly but if I make an electrolyzer that runs on 120VAC that will produce enough HHO gas to do this and requires less than 1kW(less than 5kW) to do this, then it should work. 1kW(2 kW tops) seems like it would be plenty juice to produce lots of HHO gas.

What do you think?
    Amperes=watts/volts, so x=2000/120 x=16.6

I am no expert, but it would be difficult to produce enough HHO to run an engine with only 16 amps to play with. I guess you could step the 120 down to say 24 volts which would increase your amperage by alot. Would need a very good HHO generator.
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

timetowinarace Guest
    I don't know why not. Many are trying and some have claimed to run car on 12V systems.

I don't see it as a perpetual motion machine because fuel has to be added. In this case the fuel is made but leave it running without adding water and it will quit.

dennis13030 Guest
    How about just rectifying the 120VAC to 60V Pulsing or 42.42V RMS? Now 1000W/42.42V=23.57A. What do you think?

rmptr Guest

burn rate

Quote Originally Posted by dennis13030 View Post
    Ignoring the valves for now, the timing would go from near "Top Dead Center" to "Bottom Dead Center".
    Dennis, would the burn for HHO really be THAT slow?

I would also like to power a prime mover with HHO, and I'm very interested.

I'm considering a flywheel engine might work better for powering a generator than a high speed engine...

Maybe a cogbelt connected flywheel for mass and hit or miss ignition?

Best