Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideas... Amplifier and Water Vapor Injection

bigapple Guest

Ideas... Amplifier and Water Vapor Injection

Since hydroxy injection is pretty simple, yet construction is complex, I've decided to try what others say helps (or so I've read). It's a pretty simple concept and I doubt the amount of water vapor injected is enough to create the dreaded ferrous oxide (rust!). Since this water vapor expands more during combustion, it's supposed to help aid in forcing down the pistons after TDC, thus using less gasoline.

Supposedly, you are supposed to run a tube (inlet) into the bottom of a container of water, with a bubbler stone connected to the end of this tube. (walmart - 3 bucks for two of them in the aquarium section) Basically, the rest of the design works like a bubbler does, except that, since its under vacuum, (T-ed at the PCV valve line) pressure decreases inside the container and air is simply drawn in, rather than being pushed in by a generator. I've looked for ways that its set up, and it seems that basic. Maybe I'm wrong and someone can correct me, because if its that simple, I'm going to make a simple set-up tomorrow to test under the hood. Any feedback on this would be nice, even considering the idea of both HHO and water vapor. I wonder if this would create too much water in the combustion process though, so hopefully this will open some discussion.

Also, since it has been determined that current increase increases production, I wonder how a setup with a small speaker amplifier (say 100 watts) would aid production. I understand that more neutrals would have to be added to split up the current, but it seems like it should have increased output. But I also wonder that since voltage is unaffected, if this would have any affect on output.

Just a couple ideas to toss around.

Thoughts?

Riddler250 Guest
    i love your amplifier idea, i too have thought about that. havnt tried it tho

I read something somewhere, can't remember where, about using an audio amplifier to deliver current at different frequencies to find the one that increases production. Although, 100 watts isn't actually a lot. 100 watts divided by 12 volts equals 8.3 amps?

As for water injection, I'd had this same thought. After removing the water vapour from my system because of the dreaded aluminum eating vapours from KOH I'd wanted to put together a safe way to add them back again. There is a piece on water injection in that link I pasted the other day...

http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=159
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Riddler250 Guest
    Has anyone on here actually tried the water vapor injection?

fisher Guest
    No, but it sounds so easy that I am planning on it. I wonder if using a longer tube, say rather than a mason jar, a piece of PVC 18 inches long would subject the bubbles to the water longer making it pick up more moisture and perform better?

Another thought, distilled water only. If you used tap water, the impurities might not benefit your engine. (I won't put it into my engine, but I will drink it!)

Riddler250 Guest
    it sounds easy enough to try. and it should only cost a few dollars. i think i have the soap stone and some hose under my fish tank

bigapple Guest
    I got the bubble stone from walmart and it was pretty damn cheap for a pack of two and it works well.

I used two L-shaped nylon barbs for my inlet and outlet on the first try with a durable plastic container from albertson's that seals with a gasket. The vacuum was too strong and the container shrunk like a tin can. I switched to a Food Saver container that is made for vacuum. I used one of my nylon barbs, put a breather filter on it, and ran the bubbler stone to the bottom. Fortunately, there is a hole at the top to plug in the suction line and it has a 3/8'' diameter so I went ahead and just used a hose clamp to keep it on.

I put it under my hood and I T-ed the inlet line at the PCV valve. The idle is still good and I'm getting plenty of bubbles so it's working. So, I'm letting it run to see what happens but here are a few things I've noticed.

1. Make sure to create a big airspace above the water or to use a deep container or some sort of block for the splashing water. Since you're driving around, water will have a tendency to run straight up this tube into the vacuum since its under suction.

2. The bubbler stone creates plenty of bubbles and causes the water to slosh around a good bit. Make sure to have a good block to keep water from getting up that vacuum line.

I'm finishing up my construction for testing tomorrow. I'll take photos of this monster and let you guys check it out.

Good luck and happy trails

Nice one, bigapple,

I also picked up the small twin pack of airstones the other day from Walmart. I'm going to wait until I know what's going on mileage wise with my O2 extenders before I try the water injection though.

Looking forward to your results.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Jimbo61 Guest
    Are we talking about using just water vapor into the air input?? Not an HHO generator?

I have read, and downloaded plans for a Water Injection system that involves a pressure pump injecting into the intake, but this sounds like just letting the car vaccuum do the work. Am I right or way out in left field?

bigapple Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo61 View Post
    Are we talking about using just water vapor into the air input?? Not an HHO generator?

I have read, and downloaded plans for a Water Injection system that involves a pressure pump injecting into the intake, but this sounds like just letting the car vaccuum do the work. Am I right or way out in left field?
    Nah, you're on the right track. There are very advanced systems of vapor injection. Sometimes they use methanol/water at a 50/50 mix for direct port injection. These are very advanced systems. We're simply putting a container of water under vacuum to convert it into vapor form.

If anyone has ideas on things that could be mixed in the distilled water (methanol, acetone, etc) shoot your ideas this direction. I hate my V6 already so I don't mind testing some things.

Here's an update. I created a little splash-guard and it seems like it'll work well. I used a lid of a container and used silicone to adhere it to the small cylinder in the top of the container. I wrapped a small towel with a zip-tie around the top as well just to make sure that all the water gets captured. This flat piece has a couple holes around the corner to make sure it can breath, but all-in-all, I believe this will work if vapor injection really is a performance enhancer.

(you can notice all the wiring I've done for hydroxy injection. Going look for neoprene today and resealing my generator)