Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Ideas... Amplifier and Water Vapor Injection

stevo, that is a nice simple setup. well done.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Rat,

I like it a lot. Easy to fill with the extra hose supplied. All I have to do is fill a cup with water, stick one hose in the water and apply a small short burst of suction to the other vacuum teed hose and it auto-siphons into the tanks. I don't really ever have to open the lids unless I need to add/remove something. I also set the base ignition timing to 18 BTDC which is 2 degrees over the stock setting of 16 and tried out 87 octane then 89. I do have to say that on my car 89 octane and 18 BTDC works best so far as I get the best mix of fuel efficiency and drivability. The normal neighborhood when considering fuel efficiency gains with WVI and no forced fuel trim is 30% +/- 10% from what I have gathered.

HHO

The best part overall is you don't use any parasitic devices to generate the water vapor, so no power loss from that which is the biggest downfall HHO has and the very reason most 'scientists' have labeled HHO boosters as completely impractical. I do, however, want to add HHO to the main vacuum tube just after the vacuum tee and preceded by a one-way check valve. I have successfully derived a cell that does 6.2 - 6.7 MMW (as we call it) with considerably low visible water vapor output. For my engine, I would just do 1LPM of QUALITY HHO... not that crazy high water vapor content infected stuff that so many experimenters call 7.3+ MMW. XD

Quality DOES matter 100% of the time with HHO. If ur going to use 15 amps to create 1 LPM and 35% of that output is water vapor by volume then wouldn't it make more sense to just go with the unit that creates 750 ml at 9 amps and has a 15% water vapor ratio?

[QUOTE=redrat100;34783]
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    WOW! 24 Volts AC?! Yikes! Why not just scratch all that craziness and use vacuum?

Sweet set up Stevo! 25%/14% gains, cool! Good pics and video too. To answer: I did consider a vacuum set up like yours but I thought that the fogger would produce more water vapor / droplets for better mpg gains. Yours is much simpler. My fogger is a little high maintenance. The transducer needs to be taken apart and cleaned every several hundred miles and cleaned or else it stops working. I think I will port it into the manifold next instead of before the throttle body.
    My quote is a little late but oh well... This thing is basically like putting your car on a reallllly great water bong that would almost certainly clog up completely after 5 uses. But when it's just water and 3% isopropyl or methanol it's wonderful. I don't suggest methanol btw. Just go to Costco or Sam's (i'm referencing Dallas, TX retailers) and get a 2 pack of the 32 oz bottles for approximately $4. Since the alcohol is typically 70% pure noting the other 30% is distilled water , I add 1 - 1.5 Tbsp of Isopropyl Alcohol to attain an approximate 3% ratio. I will take a pic of my spark plugs sometime soon to help analyze and determine the perceived effects over the past 2000 miles.