Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sealing Plate Edges....... [:)]

donnylynn Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sumdude View Post
    ok in your method what do you use to hold the plexi together?
    I used the red tool dip like is used to insulate tool handles. BUT!! While it seems to bond the plexi together, (at least so far) it does not stick to the 316 plates once the cell is put into use. Thats why I added the small plexi plate at the top and bottom of the cell with the threaded rod in order to provide mechanical support. The red stuff maintains the plate separation, since a little flows slightly between the plates and hardens, but if I didnt put the support under the bottom, the plates separate from the red stuff and slide out the bottom. Found this out the hard way.
    I smeared the tool dip onto 2 pieces of plexi about 1/16 thick then pressed these onto the edges of my plate stack and let it harden. Copied this method from ZeroFossilfuel on Youtube although he used some sort of marine adhesive.

I am useing CPVC sheeting for the vessel. I am making the case for this gen as I go. I have a ton of pictures. I will start a new thread and post them as soon as I get to the testing phase of this gen.