Thread: New Want to build need help though!

gripper_06 Guest

New Want to build need help though!

I have done quite a bit of reading but still unsure as in where to start. I have plans for many different hho generators but not sure which would be the most efficient. I have a 2000 jeep grand cherokee laredo inline 6 cylinder. I was looking at the smack version but have heard its not very efficient. If anyone knows of or has built an efficient generator I would appreciate help in building my own.

redneckgearhead34 Guest
    I will tell you to look at Smith03Jetta's thread and Painless's thread. They have done a great jon documenting the construction of there cell.

One thing I have learned is that you need to just go and do something. I am a horrible procrastinator and it takes me forever to decide on what to do.

Also use high quality materials. You will be better off in the long run

sumdude Guest
    yea definetely use high quality materials. Just spend the money. dont be like my getting cheap this and cheap that and learning from my own experience. take the advise your getting and purchase good quality materials. As for cell construction its all a experiment experiment experiment. Ive tried just about all cell designs that i see pop up. The smack cell design isnt the worst but it works. Only problem that people has with it is the heat which i have just learned from boyton that sealing the edges really does help keep heat down so with smack wrapping his should raise the efficiency. Just hop on youtube and search ' HHO ' and begin watching. Its tons and tons on there so just check them out and begin experimenting.

good luck

Riddler250 Guest
    Read smith03 and painless threads. They seem to have done the most research and are very detailed in their descriptions.

I will repeat the above. If you want to succeed use high quality materials. Anythinq else will lead to re-trying over and over and spending much more.

Quote Originally Posted by gripper_06 View Post
    I have done quite a bit of reading but still unsure as in where to start. I have plans for many different hho generators but not sure which would be the most efficient. I have a 2000 jeep grand cherokee laredo inline 6 cylinder. I was looking at the smack version but have heard its not very efficient. If anyone knows of or has built an efficient generator I would appreciate help in building my own.
    My advice is to go with a dry cell if you want high efficiency.They're better suited if you take long trips as they won't generate excessive heat as opposed to their cousins like the smacks booster.Most openbath cells have problems with heat and current leakage if not properly built.Most dry cells aren't that difficult to build,but usually are more expensive to construct.
    Sumdude also gave good advice not to go cheap when obtaining materials.316L stainless steel plates are the way to go.Your plates no matter which type cell you chose to build,make the difference on how your cell performs and how long it will last.