Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Right under my nose this whole time

Riddler250 Guest

Right under my nose this whole time

his is kind of off the subject of hho, but, I just remembered that i have about 20 12v batteries from working battery backup systems at work that we are throwing out. I would love to get a solar cell, or build a windturbine, or even try one of those motors that are driven by magnets (bendini motor?) to charge those batteries and possibly supply power to a hho gen. But i cant really decide. Any sugestions
    David

Smith03Jetta Guest
    Go Solar. I'm already budgetting for a solar system to power my entire home. In addition, I'm looking into using the solar to bust up water and allow me to store Hydrogen and Oxygen separately for recombination later in a traditional Hydrogen fuel cell to make electricity to power my house at night.

I also have a DREAM!!!!!!! of building a hydrogen fuel cell motorcycle. When I mean Hydrogen Fuel Cell, I do not mean Electrolyzer. I'm talking about making electricity to power an electric motor attached to a chain that's attached to the sprocket on the rear wheel of the motorcycle.

Riddler250 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith03Jetta View Post
    Go Solar. I'm already budgetting for a solar system to power my entire home. In addition, I'm looking into using the solar to bust up water and allow me to store Hydrogen and Oxygen separately for recombination later in a traditional Hydrogen fuel cell to make electricity to power my house at night..
    I havnt priced cells in a while, so I'm not sure what my coat would be. They did develop a more efficient cell a year or 2 ago but I don't remember what they were called. And I'm sure they are way out of my price range

I'd love to take my home off of the grid too, fuel and electric prices are eating us alive along with everything else.

I watched a documentary recently where they were using lenses to concentrate light onto solar cells, this more than doubled the production. Kind of like burning a piece of paper with a magnifying glass.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Riddler250 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    I'd love to take my home off of the grid too, fuel and electric prices are eating us alive along with everything else.

I watched a documentary recently where they were using lenses to concentrate light onto solar cells, this more than doubled the production. Kind of like burning a piece of paper with a magnifying glass.
    The science channel (my wife says I'm a dork) has a series I think its called the green team but they travel the country and look at green inventions. Most of them are just back yard guys. But this one company has a solar cell that weja like a holagram and it seperates the light and only uses the most powerful beams for power. It was pretty cool. I just took a look at the batteries we have in the shop and they are only 7a so I need a bunch of them. Oh and this is a pain using my blackberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler250 View Post
    The science channel (my wife says I'm a dork) has a series I think its called the green team but they travel the country and look at green inventions. Most of them are just back yard guys. But this one company has a solar cell that weja like a holagram and it seperates the light and only uses the most powerful beams for power. It was pretty cool.
    Yup! I think that's the program I saw it on, I'm also a science channel freak

I just took a look at the batteries we have in the shop and they are only 7a so I need a bunch of them.
    At 12v that's 84 watts per battery, how many batteries do you have? That could be a major money saver to already have them.

Oh and this is a pain using my blackberry.
    I have a blackberry too and love it! Nice to sit in the comfort of my favourite chair and read the forums
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Riddler250 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    Yup! I think that's the program I saw it on, I'm also a science channel freak

At 12v that's 84 watts per battery, how many batteries do you have? That could be a major money saver to already have them.

I have a blackberry too and love it! Nice to sit in the comfort of my favourite chair and read the forums
    I think there is about 20 right now. We already threw away close to 50. Most of em still good. I wanted to cry. I'm gonna try and get 10 this week and another 10 next week.

I just use my blackberry at work. I spend a lot of time in the trunks of cars and its hard to keep a computer in there with me along with tools

fisher Guest
    Look at Northern Hydraulics product magazine if you have a Northern near you.
    Also, mrsolar.com

HydroFarmer Guest

Solar Concentrators

Check out [URL="http://redrok.com"] This site will keep you busy for a while. You can easily achieve 500 F at the focal point of a dish with just a emergency space blanket from Walmarts for 3 bucks. However the sun just doesn't shine often here in Michigan.

for the money, wind is still cheaper.
    1982 MB 300D Turbo Diesel 90%WVO/10%RUG + additives blend. $.50/gal
    don't know what MPG is, probly low 20s