Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone tried steam

Riddler250 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    How about inverting the current to a high enough voltage for it to jump the gap between two plates?
    I don't know how much voltage it would take but then your efficiency would drop. Is it worth testing? Not to most people. Is it a good idea? Yes it is

Riddler250 Guest
    So I'm sittin here at work not really doin anything and go to turn on a light and got shocked. Just then a light bulb lit up over my head.. And it hit me. A stun gun. You can adjust the voltage and wire it to a cell. Pump steam through it and see if it works. Some guns will go to 50 thousand volts.

RMForbes Guest
    If you go to the http://panaceauniversity.org website they have a high voltage spark plug that ignites water mist directly without generating heat. They say it's more like lighning, it produces a very powerful concussion wave.

RMForbes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddler250 View Post
    So I'm sittin here at work not really doin anything and go to turn on a light and got shocked. Just then a light bulb lit up over my head.. And it hit me. A stun gun. You can adjust the voltage and wire it to a cell. Pump steam through it and see if it works. Some guns will go to 50 thousand volts.
    Better wear ear protection because it can damage your hearing. Be Carefull!!

Steam or water vapor injection?

This may need a new thread, but I am gathering that water vapor injection is actually pretty beneficial. For example, some of our more heated cells that produce water vapor like +-+-+-+-.

I am considering running my HHO booster at 1 LPM and filtering out all water vapor (or as much as possible), then just using a simple air stone nossil with the typical high temp container and combining that clean water vapor with the HHO gas from the booster to try and gain some mileage.

Most all the references I find using water or water vapor injection state pretty decent MPG gains regularly. When I first heard about water vapor injection from a buddy of mine a few years ago, I thought the guy was off his meds. Apparently not. Ideas? Thoughts?

Riddler250 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    This may need a new thread, but I am gathering that water vapor injection is actually pretty beneficial. For example, some of our more heated cells that produce water vapor like +-+-+-+-.

I am considering running my HHO booster at 1 LPM and filtering out all water vapor (or as much as possible), then just using a simple air stone nossil with the typical high temp container and combining that clean water vapor with the HHO gas from the booster to try and gain some mileage.

Most all the references I find using water or water vapor injection state pretty decent MPG gains regularly. When I first heard about water vapor injection from a buddy of mine a few years ago, I thought the guy was off his meds. Apparently not. Ideas? Thoughts?
    I found an extra soap stone under the fish tank, So i think im gonna try just vapor until i get my gen together

Yeh, I am gonna do the exact same thing here until I receive my PWM. I will post my gains, if any, to a seperate thread.

Riddler250 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Yeh, I am gonna do the exact same thing here until I receive my PWM. I will post my gains, if any, to a seperate thread.
    I was thinking about just getting a small piece of pvc capped on both ends two hoses one just to keep pressure in the pipe and the other running to the vacuum line (maybe?, not sure.) two soap stones one in the bottom of the pvc hooked to the line going to vacuum. one right before vacuum. maybe i will try it this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler250 View Post
    I was thinking about just getting a small piece of pvc capped on both ends two hoses one just to keep pressure in the pipe and the other running to the vacuum line (maybe?, not sure.) two soap stones one in the bottom of the pvc hooked to the line going to vacuum. one right before vacuum. maybe i will try it this weekend.
    I plan on throwing one of these together this weekend. Shouldn't take more than an hour or so including the install.

http://blizzard.rwic.und.edu/~nordli...jection/novak/

I put together a water injection using an aquarium airstone and a coffee jar. I used some thin diameter tubing and ran it right up next to the throttle body. Didn't look like it was pulling any water vapour though.

Thinking maybe we need a venturi of some sort?
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO