Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bubbler or no bubbler

naveed Guest

bubbler or no bubbler

I just wanted to find out why some kits people build have bubblers and others don't. Is it necessary to have a bubbler and what is its purpose. The plans I have seen online don't call for a bubbler. Any input on this?

Bubblers

They are a safety factor between the generator and the engine, you need one, don't be penny wise and stupid. They also clean the HHO of foreign matter

naveed Guest
    So the tube that goes from the bubber to the intake should I also install a check valve to act as a flashback arrestor?

A check valve won't act as a flame arrestor hydrogen burns that fast. Just use a bubbler after the generator befor the air intake.

Bubbler?

I stopped using a bubbler about 3 months ago. I replaced it with a flame supressor. It is a tube filled with brass wool. Plenty of examples on youtube.

I found that the bubbler reduced the gains I got with HHO. I think the water vapor adds to the gains in mpg.

Always put some form of flame stopper between your engine and your gen.

Quote Originally Posted by naveed View Post
    I just wanted to find out why some kits people build have bubblers and others don't. Is it necessary to have a bubbler and what is its purpose. The plans I have seen online don't call for a bubbler. Any input on this?
    If the engine backfires, it could send a hydrogen flame down the tube to your generator and hit the big hydrogen reservoir. Basically if a spark ignites the HHO and goes the wrong way, as in too your generator, it will go BOOM. A bubbler will act as a flashback arrestor and stop the flame when it reaches the bubbler. Instead of bang, you get fzzzz.
    1995 Chevy Camaro
    17 MPG base city/highway
    Listening to Van Halen

countryboy18 Guest
    can you have a blow out valve or a pop top that will blow when there is a flash back?

Seems like it would work, but why take the chance in my opinion of something going wrong. O K i pops the cap, but maybe the force still bends your plates or splits your plastic bolts and such.
    1995 Chevy Camaro
    17 MPG base city/highway
    Listening to Van Halen

tinkit Guest
    What about a one way valve?

tinkit Guest
    I used a small peanut jar. Filled have with water.One line going to the bottom of the jar and one half inch in jar that goes to the intake. Make sure to use goop to seal.
    Tinkit