Thread: Weber Carb install?

jcbarton Guest

Weber Carb install?

I have a weber carb on a jeep wrangler. Should I just tap directly into the top of the air cleaner for the HHO?? It is one of the chrome rectangular shaped air cleaners. I only ask because recently I have seen pics of other carb installs and they tap into what looks like a vacuum line NOT the top of air cleaner or filter. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jcbarton View Post
    I have a weber carb on a jeep wrangler. Should I just tap directly into the top of the air cleaner for the HHO?? It is one of the chrome rectangular shaped air cleaners. I only ask because recently I have seen pics of other carb installs and they tap into what looks like a vacuum line NOT the top of air cleaner or filter. Thanks
    Does the bottom of your air cleaner have a hose fitting on the bottom? If it does you can put the gas hose in it.

jcbarton Guest
    I believe so but I think there is more than one. Which one would be best? Is there a big difference between the 2 because I have already tapped the top of the air cleaner but I could just seal it off. Thanks

There should not be a difference. Just to be sure I'm not talking about any vacuum lines on the carb. The bottom of the filter housing. If you take the air filter off there should be a hose barb. Most after market air cleaner housings have them. The size of the barb should not make a difference.

Just remember you need a real good bubbler on a carb, the chance of a flashback is much greater.