Thread: recycling your exhaust prior to the catalytic converter ?

recycling your exhaust prior to the catalytic converter ?

Go easy on me guys and all comments and idea's are welcome

I am new to this HHO fun and have been reading for weeks now BUT what if !!!!

recycling a part % of your exhaust back into your intake prior to the release through the catalytic converter .

I under stand that newer engines with the O2 sensors will go nuts trying to enrich the fuel due to the oxy readings prior to and after the catalytic converter thats results in minimal gain in MPG using HHO , now while I have read and cannot prove for sure that it is said that you only burn aprox 20% of the gas in the engine that is injected it would almost make sense to recycle it back into the engine.

I see EFIE units to fool the sensors BUT,, is this the way to go ?

I was thinking of a metering control valve in series with the exhaust return pipe to the intake instead of a EFIE

here's how it would work using the VCC input from the O2 sensors to regulate the open closed metered position ( using a DC motor ) of the valve control on the exhaust return to air intake .

before you rake me over the hot coals give it some thought lol.

looking forward to reply's

Here's the thing with the 20%. The other 80% is not necessarily wasted in the form of gas per say. EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) systems do exactly what you mention already on many vehicles today. The majority of the wasted energy is in the form of heat (exhaust, radiator, engine block ect.). Other forms of waste concern the engine accessories like the alternator, water pump, ect. If the engine was truly wasting that much gas, your catalytic converter would be in a world of hurt along with other things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exhaust_gas_recirculation

my thoughts were not so much in the unused gas as so much for balancing the oxy sensors using HHO ,,,,,,, using the exhaust return ...
    and thanks for the reply Stevo but the below is based on running strictly gas

stevo"s info cool
    Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) is a nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions reduction technique used in most gasoline and diesel engines.

EGR works by recirculating a portion of an engine's exhaust gas back to the engine cylinders. Intermixing the incoming air with recirculated exhaust gas dilutes the mix with inert gas, lowering the adiabatic flame temperature and (in diesel engines) reducing the amount of excess oxygen. The exhaust gas also increases the specific heat capacity of the mix lowering the peak combustion temperature. Because NOx formation progresses much faster at high temperatures, EGR serves to limit the generation of NOx. NOx is primarily formed when a mix of nitrogen and oxygen is subjected to high temperatures.

got to get me a old beater to fool with

The way egr works is 0% at idle and stepped up in certain steps until close to 100% is achieved. You only have so much room in the combustion chamber. The converter is installed just for emissions. When adding HHO (according to people that have had emission testing done)there is a significant lowering of CO and HC in the exhaust stream. If you have a HHO cell and installed and producing .5 (small car) 1lpm up, Then that 20% of so called unburned fuel is not an issue. Have fun.

Cadillac Guest
    The system would have to either have a vacuum override or computer override. If you where say traveling at highway speeds and completely let off the gas the car will stall if the intake is opened to the exhuast in that fashion.

Realtyroy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by protecheqp View Post
    Go easy on me guys and all comments and idea's are welcome

I am new to this HHO fun and have been reading for weeks now BUT what if !!!!

recycling a part % of your exhaust back into your intake prior to the release through the catalytic converter .

I under stand that newer engines with the O2 sensors will go nuts trying to enrich the fuel due to the oxy readings prior to and after the catalytic converter thats results in minimal gain in MPG using HHO , now while I have read and cannot prove for sure that it is said that you only burn aprox 20% of the gas in the engine that is injected it would almost make sense to recycle it back into the engine.

I see EFIE units to fool the sensors BUT,, is this the way to go ?

I was thinking of a metering control valve in series with the exhaust return pipe to the intake instead of a EFIE

here's how it would work using the VCC input from the O2 sensors to regulate the open closed metered position ( using a DC motor ) of the valve control on the exhaust return to air intake .

before you rake me over the hot coals give it some thought lol.

looking forward to reply's
    The original idea for using an egr valve was to introduce some of the exhaust back into the combustion process to cool the burn and lessen the chances for detonation. They found later that in doing so the NOX was also lower as a result of lowering the temp of combustion.
    Almost every car on the road has an egr system and introducing more exhaust would lean the exhaust even more and your o2-sensor would see that as lower voltage and the computer would give more fuel to obtain that perfect o2 reading again.

Have fun with new idea's. That's how HHO will grow is people trying new things

Roy

water4gasinstaller Guest

Vehicle Exhaust full of water spurts and Droplets!

Talking about exhaust!
    Have you guys seen this?

This should be interesting to see.

Vehicle exhaust spurts lots of water when cold start with HHO Generator attached.

The most interesting was the vehicle we just installed left a layer of carbon on the water it spurts from its exhaust.

Guess it cleans the engine pretty nicely

The 2 videos are in the link
    http://www.water4gasinstaller.com/in...vironment.html

Cadillac Guest
    Steam cleaning does that.