Thread: home heating

timetowinarace Guest

Talking home heating

The problems many (myself included) seem to be having with heat in their electrolizers has given me an idea. Not good Anyway, here's the thought.

Assuming everyone is familuar with boiler heating systems, or running hot water through pipes and or radiators, why can't this water be an electrolite solution?

Since heat does increase HHO production it seems to me that putting electrodes/plates inside large main container filled with electrolite that circulates throughout the home, and produce HHO from this container but also heat the container (contents of the conainer) directly with the flame produced by electrolosis.

1. The heat generated through electrolisis we usually see as waste is utilized to both increase hho production and heat the home.

2. The cooling of the electrolite through radiators, subfloor heating and ect reduces the chances of runaway amps.

3. The heat from the hho flame is utilized for more effective heating of the electrolite/home.

4. Safer than current propane/natural gas heating units because no gas is stored.

5. The electrolite solution moving through the plates should help dislodge bubbles and increase hho production.

Disclaimer: I am not suggesting this is a free energy device. This would likely run on 120V mains power.

My thoughts are that it [B]could[B] be more effeciant than current fuel/electric systems.

Something to wrap your brains around. Debate is welcome.

dennis13030 Guest
    The two issues I see with this are;

1. It sounds like there could be a runaway condition because when produced HHO gas is burned to heat the electrolite, you will get even more HHO gas production, then more heat, more gas production....etc.

2. Dollars-wise and efficiency-wise I have my doubts that this would be cheaper than other more standard methods of heating a home.

I'm very interested in this issue too. If there was a known highly efficient HHO generator coupled to a low cost standardized heater unit, I would be too interested in comparing it to the other more standard methods of heating a home.

timetowinarace Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis13030 View Post
    The two issues I see with this are;

1. It sounds like there could be a runaway condition because when produced HHO gas is burned to heat the electrolite, you will get even more HHO gas production, then more heat, more gas production....etc.

2. Dollars-wise and efficiency-wise I have my doubts that this would be cheaper than other more standard methods of heating a home.

I'm very interested in this issue too. If there was a known highly efficient HHO generator coupled to a low cost standardized heater unit, I would be too interested in comparing it to the other more standard methods of heating a home.
    For issue 1, my thoughts are that the heat in the electrolite solution is transfered into the home, shop or whatever thus cooling the solution and preventing a runaway condition. When the area being heated is at a comfortable level something such as a high wattage pot could be used to reduce current enough to keep a "pilot light" burning and keep the electrolyte solution heated at a lower temp. I have not thought out the details of course. It may not work.

Issue 2 is the main concern. And I don't have an answer. I do beleive it would be more effecient than trying to heat solely with the flame of the produced gas because heat is lost through the electrolysis process.

My electric water heater only heats an element (or two). If that element could produce hho while heating the water, the hho could be used to also heat the water. If it could be done using the same wattage as the element currently being used then there is an effeciency gain.

It may not work to reduce cost at all. If not the idea is useless.

dennis13030 Guest
    How about heating a home is the manner you describe but save the HHO(or just the Hydrogen part). Create enough gas to run a car the next day while heating the home today.

bunster0 Guest

We are heating homes with hho gas

We have developed a home heating unit that works very well and is very economical to run www.hhohhu.com check it out