Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Water Injection Thread

spiceman, my car doesn't have a venturi so I've improvized one into my intake hose just before the throttle body so if you need help with your build I'll be posting pics and blueprints on my design. I'm also not using any vacuum lines such as the charcoal canister. I think it will work very well. I'm going to start on it this weekend. I'll keep you posted. I'm thinking about making one bottle for water and a second for making a gas bubbler for gas fume injection. Not sure yet but the water is my main project for now
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Helz...

Yah Man! I like that idea!
    I have 3 vacuum input into the manifold. The brake vac hose is in the far back center, The PCV is far right, and the canister is far left. There is no ports that go into the throttle plate area. If you want an even mix to all the cylinders it should be at the throttle plate.
    I thought about drilling and tapping a 1/4 NPT fitting into the manifold, close to the base of the throttle plate housing and running a copper tube in and under to the bottom side and have it mix from under neath. That way all cylinders would get an even mix. If I did that, I could put my HHO and steam vapor in together What do you think??? If it didn't work ......plug it.

I would like to see what you are working on. Pics would be great

NO dont do that. you want to port just before the butter fly on the low negitive pressure side of the throttle body. if you put it behind the butterfly where there is vacuum when the butterfly is closed, it will only pull vapors when the throttle is closed, like at idle. when ever you stop on the gas it would open the butterfly and lose vacuum. SO what Im doing is fabricating my air intake hose. Say its 3" all the way from the air filter to the throttle body. now if I shrink it down to 2.5" just before the throttle body the back to 3" at the throttle body you ahve a vanturi in the small space right after the 2.5" bottle neck in that little space thats 3" just before the throttle body. here is a diagram of how Im going to set mine up. the only thing I left out was the refill hose for the WVI. you can add an extra hose that jsut ports into the top of the WVI, just rev your engine and it will suck it in or you could use the hose from the low pressure side to suck the water into the WVI. Im going to make a extra port so Im not alwasy having to disconnect the low pressure hose to refill.

The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Smile

Helz...

Good idea!! It will work. How much can you neck the venture down ?? just enough to get good suction..But not enough to restrict/starve the engine. Too much will effect power but maybe not the economy.
    My steam & HHO is going in where your drawing shows.

I'll take some pics of what I'm doing to give you a better Idea
    [ A picture is worth a 1000 words]

yea Im not going to restrict it to much, just enough to make bubbles. ill get a vacuum gauge to check it.
    www.hhounderground.com

Quote Originally Posted by Helz_McFugly View Post
    NO dont do that. you want to port just before the butter fly on the low negitive pressure side of the throttle body. if you put it behind the butterfly where there is vacuum when the butterfly is closed, it will only pull vapors when the throttle is closed, like at idle. when ever you stop on the gas it would open the butterfly and lose vacuum. SO what Im doing is fabricating my air intake hose. Say its 3" all the way from the air filter to the throttle body. now if I shrink it down to 2.5" just before the throttle body the back to 3" at the throttle body you ahve a vanturi in the small space right after the 2.5" bottle neck in that little space thats 3" just before the throttle body. here is a diagram of how Im going to set mine up. the only thing I left out was the refill hose for the WVI. you can add an extra hose that jsut ports into the top of the WVI, just rev your engine and it will suck it in or you could use the hose from the low pressure side to suck the water into the WVI. Im going to make a extra port so Im not alwasy having to disconnect the low pressure hose to refill.

Man i was thinking the samething with a venturi and intake before the TB.

FWIW. If you make your hole size smaller instead of 2.5" say 1.75" your fuel consumption will go down from that alone. Some run thier cars like that all the time. Kind of detuning the car to run leaner. Higher manifold vac and lower mass air flow...

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Jacques View Post
    Man i was thinking the samething with a venturi and intake before the TB.

FWIW. If you make your hole size smaller instead of 2.5" say 1.75" your fuel consumption will go down from that alone. Some run thier cars like that all the time. Kind of detuning the car to run leaner. Higher manifold vac and lower mass air flow...
    I didnt know that, thanks for the info.
    www.hhounderground.com

Roland,

That is a good point, but not exactly how each engine will respond. I had a 3" g-doggy chrome-r-ific intake arm from the AZ. After running that in the beginning of my experiment (4 weeks ago) then swapping for the stock 2.25" rubber intake arm (1 week ago), I have seen a 2-4 MPG decrease. After the next fill-up and before the weather changes here in Tejas, I will be swapping the arms right back out and running the chrome leader. Now all I need is platinum caps on my two front teeth. Yeaah BOEEEII!

In a true medium to strong Venturi-style fitting, the bigger ID intake arm will work correctly. A special intake arm that goes from 4" down to 3" and then tapers down to throttle body size perfectly would work very well.

Extra O2 from intake air box pressure (like what you could get from a really well made cold air intake or ram air) can certainly boost your burn and cooling efficiencies. This is a super easy mod in one way or another for most people.

Stevo, yeah im sure thiers many variables and what you discribed is on the other end of that airflow issue.
    The results when we tested air ristiction were fairly consistant. But im talking small holes. the holes ranged from 1.75" down to 1" for some. About 10 or more folks tried it, and most all saw increased MPG's. That said, knowing it or not, I'm sure they lost some HP and performance. I tried it on my sons V8 Towncar which is a bit overpowered to start with. It was a single blind test and he got about 20% gain. I'll try to find the thread.

I used a simple hose clamp around my rubber intake hose and cranked it down to about 2" ID. It didnt bind or bend it out of shape, I now have vacuum where my HHO is ported in. I tested it last night with a bottle I had rigged up to messure HHO output. I stuck the hose in the hole where my HHO is ported in and it sucked bubbles through about 4 inches of water pretty good when I got about 1000 RPMs. it really pulled it through at 2000, at idle it bubbled very little but bubbled none the less. So when I get the WVI built it should work great.
    So far I dont seem to have lost any HP. and I checked my mileage today after using 3/4 tank with my new HHO system and Im getting 25MPG. 19MPG without HHO.
    www.hhounderground.com