Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Water Injection Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Jacques View Post
    Some commercial misters for big V8s put out up to 5 GPH.

I wonder how well will 15 PSI be able to atomize water? You might just be able to get a dribble or a sprinkle instead of mist. Snow brand WVI units put out 150 PSI to get a mist.
    My mistake, I meant 150 psi - 15 wouldn't do the job...
    Thanks for the info so far - will be testing over the holidays (hopefully) - I'm planning to start with around 3.5 GPH which will turn on at around 75% throttle position. Will post results with initial testing.
    Thanks!!

Hey jm3ooox

what are you trying to achieve....... Power or economy???
    You would never run down the hiway at 75% throttle, so are you racing?
    The manual I have from Eagle-research.com says to start at 10% of fuel consumption and add untill you stop seeing gain. 350 Chev=.75 OZ/pm. I gained 2 mpg with only water Inj.

Jesse

Steam Generator plans?

Hi all. I have been following this thread for a while now. I know a lot of you have either been using a passive water induction system by using a vacuum or other negative pressure source. I have tried this but with no gains because I have to use such a high alcohol % in my water to prevent freezing. Also i see that some other out there are using a pressurized injection system with some good results. But my question is has anyone ever built a steam generator (not the ultrasonic foggers) and seen positive MPG results. I would be greatful if anyone could show me some schematics or point me in the right direction. THANKS in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by fastcompacts View Post
    Hi all. I have been following this thread for a while now. I know a lot of you have either been using a passive water induction system by using a vacuum or other negative pressure source. I have tried this but with no gains because I have to use such a high alcohol % in my water to prevent freezing. Also i see that some other out there are using a pressurized injection system with some good results. But my question is has anyone ever built a steam generator (not the ultrasonic foggers) and seen positive MPG results. I would be greatful if anyone could show me some schematics or point me in the right direction. THANKS in advance.
    http://better-mileage.com/water4.html

don't forget to click 'next' at the bottom

Quote Originally Posted by livehho View Post
    http://better-mileage.com/water4.html

don't forget to click 'next' at the bottom
    that website claims steam better than water...but they topped out at 18% gain...i calculate Stevo's gains at over 30%....maybe those guys were doing straight water not vapor ?

Steam is water vapor. The steam form just insures the water is atomized to its smallest possible size.

The higher the temperature the more water can be carried in a given volume of air. (up to 600f degrees) so steam has that advantage also. But to claim that steam works better...
    When you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius.
    When you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot."

Quote Originally Posted by hydrobus View Post
    that website claims steam better than water...but they topped out at 18% gain...i calculate Stevo's gains at over 30%....maybe those guys were doing straight water not vapor ?
    Yeh, you really want the coldest water possible to be quite honest. Now that's really not all that feasible with so much heat under the hood and not many ways to keep the water cool. That is beside the fact that water vaporizes poorly when cold. Right now with temps at or below freezing in Texas, I have been getting about a 10-15% gain and I pretty much realize that it is because of not only water temps, but additional higher concentrations of methanol in the water as well. The colder it gets outside, the less gains I get. The warmer it gets, the better... to a degree of course. Soon I will present v2 of my device in hopes that it will present a new idea towards water vapor delivery here in this forum and maybe beyond. Who knows.

I recently moved and in doing so my time has been slim to none. The benefit? A much bigger garage thus more space to work on my projects.

Why do you want cooler/colder water? Simple. Greater heat absorption and greater expansion. Colder water is denser than hot/boiling water.

I use methanol to prevent freezing in cold weather. Otherwise, once it warms up here in Texas I will not be using *any* additives with v2. Only water straight from the tap. Updates and pics coming soon.

WVI on 1993 dodge pickup

I'm trying to set up a WVI and HHO in my pickup, got the HHO hooked up but not sure where to hook the WVI. Any suggestions??

Quote Originally Posted by micmich View Post
    I'm trying to set up a WVI and HHO in my pickup, got the HHO hooked up but not sure where to hook the WVI. Any suggestions??
    I used the same fitting that my HHO went into. In the intake duct just before the throttle body.
    Red Rat

Just about 2 weeks ago, my car started acting funny on startup and eventually started having some overheating issues that lead to me replacing my head gasket. Notice cylinder #2 where very small amounts of coolant/water was leaking into the cylinder.

[see attachment]

Goes to prove how well water clears up carbon.