Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Water Injection Thread

Quote Originally Posted by spicerman View Post
    Roland...
    That scantool looks like a nice toy. Thanks for the link.
    I spent $100 bucks last week at walmart and bought a code reader. The scantool looks a lot better. I was in a hurry to get my truck back on the road.

How does that virtual dyno work? Does it give you freeze frame, on the road data?? The code reader that I bought does that but only with a trouble code

what gears do you have in your truck?? My diff. has 3.7 My dad had a 3/4 ton chev with a 454 in it with 4.11 gears. He got 9 MPG running empty or pulling his 27 FT camper.....????
    The dyno gives you a graph, torque & HP between certain RPM range of your choice. Find a nice flat test road and go. Do a test run or more get a baseline, then mod what ever, and run it again see if you gained or loss. i
    It also has a similar quarter mile test. Its nice to be able to print stuff out for comparison. I'm not a computer guy so I have not figured out all it can do yet. It will give freeze frame of a few things, MAF, MAP, IAT,CT, O2 X's 4, fuel trim short and long X's 4, RPM, load,.. I have not used the freeze frame yet, I've just been monitoring those on the fly. I will try to figure that freeze frame function out soon.

I dont no what the gear Ratio is in that truck. Never gave it any thought, but now that you mention it, it could stand to be a little more power on the bottom end. My speedometer/odometer is off by 10% but the tire size is correct, now I'm wondering about the gear ratio.

Back with v2

Ok, I'm back with a version 2 of my WVI setup. I'll add pictures soon, but here's what I changed:

1. Removed canister hoses from sponges and routed to the bottom of canister.
    2. Replaced small sponges with larger, taller sponges that sit halfway above and below water level.
    3. Added another hose (for a total of 2) to the canister under intake arm.

Replacing the sponges with singular much larger sponges that sit above water has made a rather large improvement. The sponges naturally wick water and under vacuum they release water vapor. They also provide a dramatic surface area improvement.

My latest tests without WVI resulted in 29 and 29.3 MPG.
    With WVI I am getting 39.3 MPG.

Also, I want to provide an image of my throttle body which shows the stock venturi port I am using (small top hole just before throttle plate). With the right threaded fitting, nearly anyone should be able to drill and tap a venturi port into their throttle body.

Sounds great Stevo.

1. What is your rate of water consumption now?

2. Are you using a EFIE with that?
    3. " "HHO ?
    4 do you have a photo of your venturi set up?

I found a water vaporizer that Im going to try and rig up to my intake. it uses .5 amps at 13.8vdc/.6amps with a dc/ac converter. 8.28 watts isnt bad. its one of those kind that has the little funnel type thing that spinns in the water and flings it out as it spins. im thinking I can close off its output holes so the water just drains back down into itself and put a hose in there to suck out the atomived water and a hose to let air in. being that the hose will not be under water it wont take much vacuum at all to suck air through it so I can open up the funnel on my venruti a bit to tune it. Ill post a vid after I get it all done.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Quote Originally Posted by Helz_McFugly View Post
    I found a water vaporizer that Im going to try and rig up to my intake. it uses .5 amps at 13.8vdc/.6amps with a dc/ac converter. 8.28 watts isnt bad. its one of those kind that has the little funnel type thing that spinns in the water and flings it out as it spins. im thinking I can close off its output holes so the water just drains back down into itself and put a hose in there to suck out the atomived water and a hose to let air in.
    Hey Helz do you have a link to that device & what about the mist makers are they any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Helz_McFugly View Post
    I found a water vaporizer that Im going to try and rig up to my intake. it uses .5 amps at 13.8vdc/.6amps with a dc/ac converter. 8.28 watts isnt bad. its one of those kind that has the little funnel type thing that spinns in the water and flings it out as it spins. im thinking I can close off its output holes so the water just drains back down into itself and put a hose in there to suck out the atomived water and a hose to let air in. being that the hose will not be under water it wont take much vacuum at all to suck air through it so I can open up the funnel on my venruti a bit to tune it. Ill post a vid after I get it all done.
    I was going to mention to you, that if you change your venturi a little you could improve your vacuum pressure a good bit. Assuming it is still the same as it was when i saw it last.

If you extend your vapor supply tube up into the main stream of air coming through your funnel. (It should be touching the funnel) Then cut the end of that extended tube at a 45% angle, the high point toward the incoming air. This should more than double your negative pressure.

I'll try to draw it and scan what I'm trying to say.

Here is some pics of my steam boiler and my Thermal-couple used as a pyrometer. It seems to be very constant.

The first one is the boiler : Top right side of engine

The 2nd is the thermalcouple installed.

The 3rd is the boiler, the blue is the insulation over the steam line. The boiler is the black 2x2x6" square sitting on top of manifold

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Jacques View Post
    Sounds great Stevo.

1. What is your rate of water consumption now?

2. Are you using a EFIE with that?
    3. " "HHO ?
    4 do you have a photo of your venturi set up?
    1. I don't know. Production starts above 1200 RPM
    2. Nope
    3. Nope
    4. It is attached in the last post above this one.

Wow no EFIE... those are impressive results.

I see the Thottle Body photo, but i dont see any venturi. you just hooked up to the TB?

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Jacques View Post
    Wow no EFIE... those are impressive results.

I see the Thottle Body photo, but i dont see any venturi. you just hooked up to the TB?
    The throttle body *is* the venturi. It is the variable choke point of the entire intake system. Air moves quickest through the throttle body thus the air pressure inside is lowest which makes any ports attached to that area draw air in. The vacuum port in my attachment is stock via Honda. I made no modifications as this port is used for the vapor canister purge line, but I assure you that most people with a throttle body can very easily create their own if given access to a drill press and proper drill taps. Any engine with a throttle body will be this way. The throttle body is almost always the venturi. That's one reason why engine makers sometimes run emissions hoses to the top of the throttle body.

In my setup, I still retain the vapor canister purge line so that gas vapors from the fuel tank get mixed with water vapor and ultimately ingested as they normally would. By using the throttle body as the point of WVI, you don't restrict the intake in any way and if you are lead-footed like me you will appreciate that. I love being able to drive however I like and still get great gas mileage.