Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Water Injection Thread

Quote Originally Posted by shiby View Post
    here is a web site that has a product similar to a injection system. http://www.aquatuneofalaska.com
    I just got a price of $1295 for this system.

$1295.00 WOW what a deal. I move the decimal and spent $12.95 on mine.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

yes but that includes installation in Alaska!

snowperformance.net

the best water/methanol kits are probably from www.snowperformance.net
    they have many different applications. Even a fuel saver model. Pretty much any make and model.
    stage 3 is most expensive:
    "Diesel Stage 3 MPG-MAX = $999.00
    Typical fuel economy increases are 10%-15% or 1-3 MPG.
    The MPG-MAX™ system has a secondary output that is used to activate a Power Mode. The more sophisticated microprocessor introduces a independently mapped second stage of injection. A larger nozzle is used to inject more fluid to make more power. The Power Mode activation point is adjustable for best performance. The net effect is smooth power in all engine load states with no combustion quench resulting in a true turn-on-and-forget system.
    -Doesn’t leave a “signature” on vehicles computer so warranty isn’t jeopardized
    The most advanced system on the market – true 2d mapping and 2 nozzles controlled independently for smooth power – always
    Provides better fuel economy (1-3 MPG), more power (50-100 HP), and lower EGTs (150°-300° F)

"Stage 3 Gasoline MPG MAX® Boost Cooler® $729.00
    The MPG MAX® Stage 3 Boost Cooler® is unmatched for increases in Fuel Economy AND Power in water-methanol injection systems. Key to this is accuracy and adjustability designed into the system. This Boost Cooler® can be used on any forced induction engine, or ANY engine with a traditional EFI system.
    In the lighter load states, it can read and inject according to boost level and EFI signal simultaneously, and inject through a very small nozzle. This allows it to be extremely accurate when injecting smaller amounts to prevent quench.

Additionally, the MPG MAX® has the software and hardware capability to inject the correct amounts under the higher load states for serious increases in power, using a larger secondary nozzle.

Of course, both stages are also fully progressive and completely adjustable for the perfect delivery on your vehicle, no matter what other modifications are utilized.
    veyry easy to set up and dial in - the software creates a delivery map based on boost and EFI signal from just a few easy to set start and full points you punch in. Fully standalone controller does not have to be wired into any diagnostic port or the ECU/ECM.

The LCD Screen displays boost pressure, fuel injector duty cycle, as well as water-methanol injection percent. Quick, easy, positive adjustments are made with 2 push buttons."

one that seems to be good, is www.coolingmist.com. Example: Deluxe 150 psi kit + Tank, Price = $249.95

You can even buy individual parts from them and build your own. They have neat lookin electronic gauges also.

Slade,

Yes I have looked into actual pump kits, but I have to say that, for the most part, it's pure overkill for naturally aspirated engines. Now consider a turbocharged vehicle and it's a whole different story. I doubt water vapor induction/injection will work on a turbo or supercharged vehicle. I would love to boost my engine with say ~18 psi, fuel tune and then spray water/methanol to get some crazy power and keep (or stay close to) my current MPG rating in the city. That's an a$$ load of money tho and I'm assuming most of us here aren't THAT close to making 6 figures at our day jobs yet... at least those of us supporting families of 4.

yea $1000 for a water injector is a little steap. I think we are all hear to save money and build things at low cost. you can that that stuff over to the HP forums. those guys spend thousands to get a little more HP.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Im just trying to give some helpful info. I know its not cheap, but i didnt tell you to buy one. These i posted were mostly to give an idea of the technology involved. Note that stage 3 is an extreme example.

I know moist air helps your engine, but i think at a certain point without methanol and the proper psi you will start to quench the flame in your combustion chamber. I'm thinking your engine would run rich because of the o2 sensor reading more oxygen also. Then your back to where you started.

Now if you would excuse me, i must go count my millions

copper tubing

has anybody tried using copper tubing for the WI install instead of nylon or polyethylene hose?

Quote Originally Posted by slade420 View Post
    Im just trying to give some helpful info. I know its not cheap, but i didnt tell you to buy one. These i posted were mostly to give an idea of the technology involved. Note that stage 3 is an extreme example.

I know moist air helps your engine, but i think at a certain point without methanol and the proper psi you will start to quench the flame in your combustion chamber. I'm thinking your engine would run rich because of the o2 sensor reading more oxygen also. Then your back to where you started.

lol. i can picture you lighting your cigar with a $100.
    and soaking your feet in crude oil
    didnt mean to make you out to be the Billy Maze of water injectors.
    www.hhounderground.com

Quote Originally Posted by slade420 View Post

Nah, don't get me wrong - your info in greatly appreciated. It would be very cool if someone could find some sort of micro-fine spray nozzle that would work well with a low power water pump for NA engines. This would quite possibly apply more water across the power band and actually allow some of use to lean out our fuel mixtures. Sorry if my last comment seemed hyper-critical. We are glad you are here.