Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Water Injection Thread

control valve

hey sorry for all the post right in a row but i thought i would let you all know that i do have my system hooked up to the car via the crank case breather hose(i say that because the line does not have a PCV) but i am using a valve to control the vacuum because it is very powerful. i picked mine up at the local Lowes and it works MINT!!! very similar to the one in the link...couldnt find the exact one but showing you all so you get what im talking about.
    http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...BVA&lpage=none

water injection

what is type of fluid in the bottle??
    ash

Quote Originally Posted by ashmir View Post
    what is type of fluid in the bottle??
    plain tap water. no alcohol in it, although i plan to use a small amount when installed in the car.

today i'm making a video of a side-by-side test with two reservoirs. The first one is the one you see in the previous videos, the second one will be half the size. Wanna see if the smaller container will begin to make bubbles at lower RPMs, i'm shooting for 2,000 RPM. right now it starts to bubble at 2,3k 2.5k RPM.

eventually i plan to add steam injection as well. might try this setup: http://better-mileage.com/water4.html

i found that you can make bubbles easier and with less vacuum if the bubbling device is close to the surface of the water, rather than sitting at the bottom of the jar

i.e. a flexible hose with the end attached to a float so that it rests just below the surface...requires less force to create bubbles than one that sits at the bottom of the fluid

Injector and pump

I was thinking why could we use a fuel injector and electric fuel pump off a late model car. I would think the pump would have the correct pressure and using the vac switch to control it. Just a thought!

Quote Originally Posted by JCOBERLEY View Post
    I was thinking why could we use a fuel injector and electric fuel pump off a late model car. I would think the pump would have the correct pressure and using the vac switch to control it. Just a thought!
    Well JCOBERLEY i think that would be a feasible idea if you wanted to make that. I do believe if you hoooked it up properly it would have a high probablilty of working. There are a few problems that i can forsee. Oh i almost forgot, it does make a difference if the vehicle you are working on is turbo/supercharged or NA. Most systems that you see out there with an actual injector are made for turbo/supercharged vehicles, this is due to the fact that the water being injected does not have to be in a superfine mist because the turbines and heat of the turbo/supercharged system will passively do that for you. Also do you know what kind of amp draw a fuel pump would have on your system(I honestly have no idea)? The other problem would be that you would have to really watch how much water is being injected into the system. i think have read somewhere you can throw a check engine light if you inject too much water(can anyone confirm/deny this) At any rate that is a cool i dea and good luck if you move forward with it

Quote Originally Posted by livehho View Post
    plain tap water. no alcohol in it, although i plan to use a small amount when installed in the car.

today i'm making a video of a side-by-side test with two reservoirs. The first one is the one you see in the previous videos, the second one will be half the size. Wanna see if the smaller container will begin to make bubbles at lower RPMs, i'm shooting for 2,000 RPM. right now it starts to bubble at 2,3k 2.5k RPM.

eventually i plan to add steam injection as well. might try this setup: http://better-mileage.com/water4.html
    If you are that close to you target RPM's than a small ram air intake hooked up to the bubbler may also solve your problem. I have seen other people have this idea of connecting the fitting that is hooked up to the airstone. Basically the run a hose from that connection to a funnel that is located behind the front grille of the vehicle so when traveling at highways speeds it will lessen the amount of vacuum needed to create bubbles. Hope this helps and good luck with the system

side-by-side test video

this video proves that the smaller the container the better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmCmqzAb6BA

Quote Originally Posted by livehho View Post
    this video confirms that the smaller the container the better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmCmqzAb6BA

Negative,

All that video test results proves is that the vacuum in each tube is NOT equal. ( IE, a leak in the taller one, OR the way there hooked up- more 90s-longer tubing - different diameter tubing, OR more restrictive air stone, OR...) Basic physics says they will pull equally.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Jacques View Post
    Negative,

All that video test results proves is that the vacuum in each tube is NOT equal. ( IE, a leak in the taller one, OR the way there hooked up- more 90s-longer tubing - different diameter tubing, OR more restrictive air stone, OR...) Basic physics says they will pull equally.
    rephrase: this video proves that the smaller the container the better for vapor production at 'lower RPMs'